ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
Just got a 2019 WRX in black. I've always been an Audi/VW guy (stg 3 B5 S4, B7 tdi, etc.. ) and I'm loving this new WRX the awd system is amazing. Anyway.... I need to install my front plate and I like the look of the tow hook mounted plate holder. I'd rather not spend 75 bucks on one. Anyone have any experience with these?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have the Perrin plate relocate and I love it, super easy install and yea a bit pricey but good quality! I’ve heard good things about grimspeed kit, gives you a little more adjustability

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
You just paid at least $25,000 for a new car and you can't afford an $80 mounting plate bracket? Why not just mount it where it's supposed to go? I believe that a plate mounted in the center of your bumper looks a lot better than an awkwardly placed bracket sitting off to the side and not flush with the bumper. But, I realize that's personal preference.

Also, be advised. My state's law (Illinois) specifies that the license plate must be centered on the front bumper and has requirements on how high it must be mounted. I would imagine that most front plate states are the same way. So, if some ticket chaser is looking for a reason to pull you over, he/she may do so.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You're exactly right. I did just spend almost 30k on a new car so I don't exactly have cash laying around at the moment. Thanks for the advice and snide comments.....

·
Registered
518 Posts
The TurboXS plate relocation kit can be had for about $54. That's the one I'm planning on getting. That said, Grimmspeed is good, and what I ran on my old 14 WRX.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
The center plate adapter is pretty cheap & I have had no issues with mine.
https://www.amazon.com/License-Bracket-Adapter-Subaru-Factory/dp/B076PRMPDK

I was kind of surprised they needed adapting in the 1st place & the holes in the bumper would've drove me nuts.
I bought a similar kit off ebay back in 2017. Mine just started to fail now - the rubber nutserts were starting to rip. I ended up using 6mm bolts and fished (not fun) nuts up behind the holes. This is after 2 years, 10,000 miles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts