ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all -

So my license plates finally came in. I bought the car in NJ and titled in MD so it took longer then normal. I went to attach the front license plate (MD requires it) and I put the screw mount things into the little holes on front bumper (they just pop into the 2 square holes in the bumper). As I pull the license plate up, I realize that the holes in the license plate are about 1 inch closer than the two holes on the bumper.

I really don't want to screw holes in the bumper - However, there are 2 little dimples in the paint that line up perfectly w/ the license plate holes. Any suggestions??? :screwy:

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
I really don't want to screw holes in the bumper - However, there are 2 little dimples in the paint that line up perfectly w/ the license plate holes. Any suggestions??? :screwy:
Those dimples are there to tell you where to drill. They are also handy to keep the bit from wandering.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Isn't there a better way then pulling out the power tools and drill bits?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am determined to find a way....:screwy:

·
Registered
444 Posts
mark the top of the license plate and drill the plate instead of the bumper. Pretty sure a cop isnt gonna pull you over and give a ticket for improper display. Good luck

·
Good news, everyone!
3,856 Posts
Drill holes in the license plate instead?

Edit: barely beaten.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Drill holes in the license plate instead?

Edit: barely beaten.
Hey a win is a win, I dont care about distance..... :rotfl:
Sorry man, great minds think alike. I like your WHITE Suby as well

·
Good news, everyone!
3,856 Posts
Hey a win is a win, I dont care about distance..... :rotfl:
Sorry man, great minds think alike. I like your WHITE Suby as well
Lol, you do have a point there. And thanks, I like the white wheels on yours. I usually don't like white on white, but those are some good looking wheels.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm trying to avoid putting a large piece of metal or plastic up there. I found some extra little plastic pop rivet things from my passat - I tried putting them in the holes on the front bumper. They fit fine but then i tried attached the license plate w/ a screw and they came out. Seems like like the hole is too big or my rivet is too small. stupid....i gotta go get a bigger set from pepboys or something.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased a universal license plate mount in hopes to use the existing holes in the front bumper but there are no threads to in the existing holes to attach to. The above link to Bell Automotive doesn't work, I get a "Not Found" message. Has anyone found a way to use the existing holes in the front bumper to attach the plate?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts