Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what size the front door speakers are? I'm assuming the woofer is a 6.5, but what about the tweeter? I'm wondering whether I can get a set of component speakers in there without messing with the factory grills.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've put in 2 speakers up front so far: 1st were a set of 6.5 Memphis speakers:( , 2nd (and still being used) are a set of MBQuart RSC216. These are an OUTSTANDING set of woofer/tweeters components that include crossovers. The woofers are 6.5 that fit very well in stock location, while the .75 tweeters use the stock location perfectly:D . If your considering a new set of components, you can't go wrong with MBQuarts. I installed the crossover on the door below the armrest.... also fits very nicely:) I bought the Quarts online for $189!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
stock deck?

Are you running the stock deck or an external amp? I had a set of infinity kappas in my last car, pushed by a clarion 90x2 watt amp and it sounded great. I'm a little leary of doing speakers without more power too.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have an Alpine 7949 headunit, Precision Power 5440 ( 5 channel amp), and some competition MTX 10's. It sounds really sweeeet:D . It's all hooked up with Fosgate and Monster Cable.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Mind Reader

That is the exact same question I wa going to ask, thanks.

Justin

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
On Friday, I ordered the MB Quart RSC 216 6.5" components for my front channels and Rockford Fosgate 5.25" coaxial speaker for the rears. They are all 60W RMS and about 130W peak.

Do you think the stock (upgraded) amplifier will have enough power to drive these speakers or do I have to go amplifier shopping?

Does anyone know the RMS output of the upgraded Subaru amp?

-Jim

·
Registered
66 Posts
How will the MBQuarts perform with the stock head unit? Will it drastically increase the sound quality? I'm looking for a set of speakers to replace the stock ones but have no intention of replacing the head unit. Just trying to find out if this would be a worthwhile purchase for my situation.

Thanks,
Shawn

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I have no intention of replacing my head unit either. The six-disc changer is awesome!

I have the upgraded speaker and subwoofer package for my WRX already and I'm hoping the Quarts will give better mid and high range response. The stock speakers provide great bass, but fall flat in all other respects. I'm unsure as to whether or not the stock amp can drive these speakers. They are very powerful and my cousin suggests that I might ruin them if I don't give them enough power. I'll probably upgrade my amp ASAP and I'm in no hurry to install the speakers.

-Jim

1 - 12 of 12 Posts