ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, today i saw somebody with lights instead of the plastic area near the front grill. it looked really cool just wanted to know if anybody knew where i could get those. you can see the area in this picture subie.jpg thank you

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,208 Posts
DIY. Optilux or PIAA mini projectors, DIY brackets, a hole saw bit, sandpaper, and courage. I bought a spare set of plastic grille bits like the one you've circled but have never gotten around to the project. It's only been six years though so I have time still.

If anyone has a ready solution, that'd be great.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Why do you need these? All they do is blind oncoming drivers without giving you any additional useable lumination.

It's like using fog lights they're useless. Stick with stock lighting all else is just a recipe to get hit head-on by blinded drivers.

·
The Fruit
4,728 Posts
fog lights aren't entirely useless when you live in area's that actually get fog.. and providing they're aimed correctly.

What people misunderstand most is that fog lights dont provide any sort of "out front" illumination..and in dry conditions they really dont do much at all. They light the sides so that you can see the lines/ditches in heavy fog/precipitation so that you can stay on the road. Driving in those conditions dictates going slow anyway so why would one need more forward light???

Question for the op.. are these driving lights you want to add? Say for distance illumination? .. what's the purpose of the light other than to just put one there?

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,208 Posts
Fog lights are not useless at all. In some areas they are indispensable. The high nose area isn't ideal for fogs, and the bugeye has nice buckets for better fogs than stock if desired. The Optilux and PIAA mini lamps that fit in the high nose plastic inserts come configured as fogs though (though I think there is one Optilux that comes as a driving lamp, check that, that'd be the one to get if so).

Make yourself some brackets, practice making circular cuts, figure out how to trim the edges, and have at it.

·
The Fruit
4,728 Posts
they are useful in conditions that dictate.. but keeping them as low to the ground as possible is key. Besides this car has factory fog locations that are much better than up in the grill. For driving lights the grill height would be ok but fogs would be better suited to be down low.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts