Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently started feeling a Grinding/Vibration in my Passenger Side Front Brake my 2017 WRX. I drive mainly highway so I doubt the pads are word. I only feel it when I'm coming to a stop from normal driving speed. If I'm driving slow like in a parking lot I don't feel/ Hear it.
Does anyone have any idea what it may be? i live in NJ where it is cold and we get snow this time of year.

·
Water.....sometimes waves
1,611 Posts
I have experienced vibration in the past on various vehicles for two reasons related to the brakes: warped rotor, bad caliper. Have you inspected the whole thing carefully to rule out debris lodged in there somewhere?

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
bring it in.. its under warranty.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have an appointment coming up on Friday. I know brakes are covered in the Wear Item Warranty but the dealer near me sucks... I had to Call SOA because they wouldn't give me a rental when my seatbelt stopped working and they expected me to continue driving the vehicle until the part came in.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
i think its a little over the top for the dealer to provide a loaner car for every car they service.. but you can try a new dealer

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, but when there is a safety risk with operating the vehicle and the vehicle is a few months old I feel that warrants a loaner.

·
Super Moderator
10,960 Posts
There isn't a safety risk. The brakes work, just make noise

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The safety risk I was referring to was in the post above it where I mentioned that my seatbelt wasn't fastening.

·
Super Moderator
10,960 Posts
My bad. Yeah, legally it has to be repaired but sadly they are not required to give you a rental. Some dealerships do, but it isn't a given. My local dealer (that I dislike) has a shuttle that will take you home or to work and pick you up to get your car when it's done, but don't offer loaners.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts