Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well today is. ahhhhh:eek:

·
Banned
1,637 Posts
My day started as follows:

1. Annoying song on alarm wakes me out of great Paris Hilton dream.

2. Get ready, start car, discover one of my injectors is starting to leak.

3. Decide I don't have time to fix it myself so I drop it off at the dealership, rent a car, and make it to work an hour and a half late.

4. I am on-call 24/7 this week and as soon as I walk in the door I am told that the SYSB mainframe is having issues and not processing as it should. This is causing back-ups in our processing and messaging queues and resulting in rampant abends in our payment processing systems.

5. Spend the next hour working with the data center to stop the offending program (from another area) and start up a 4th BMP on our affected jobs to clear out the queues.

6. So, what's next?

Good news - I rented a Cadillac CTS and it's a great car.

·
Registered
37 Posts
well i went in to work today and they decided to let us leave at noon. so happily i went and got a few things at the store that i needed for my new apartment. well....my roomate and i installed my new ceiling fan in my room and feeling good about that decide to tackle a new project......taking out my intake silencer. now as you folks up north may not now Hurricane Charlie is on its way to kick floridas ass. anyway.......we jack it up...get the fenderwell off and the dust cover....and a death cloud rolls in.....long story short that little bastard of a bolt behind the silencer took about 20 mintues in the rain to get off. my rommate and i got totally soaked, but we showed that silencer what was up. as soon as it stops raining we are gonna go reset my ecu and take a "spirited" drive....so all in all...im either a hardcore scooby lover.....or an idiot. :D

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Ok, my Friday the 13th just got real fcking ugly.

I was coming back from grocery shopping and about 3-4 cars ahead of me I hear what sounds like a box exploding and I then see stuff go flying up in the air and a shoe lands out into the street.

Sadly, it was a pedestrian who just got hit-run.
I did not see the event, but heard it ahead of me and saw the results.

There was a 12 year old kid screaming "OH MY GOD OH MY GOD" and an older guy screamed at the top of his lungs "GO GET THAT GUY" and as I came up I saw a lady folded up and face down in the side of the road.

Someone was already calling an ambulance and I didn't want to start a traffic jam so after initially pulling over (and fighting some waves of nausea) I creeped bye and then sped on to see if I could catch a car with signs of a hit & run on the front end but with out seeing the car, and rush hour traffic and a rotary, I could only try and look at people's front ends for damage which felt pretty useless.

I wish I could have done more and hope the lady is going to be ok, but I'm sick of this Friday the 13th already.

:( :( :( :(

-tp

·
Banned
997 Posts
only bad thing that happened to me today is that we couldnt get the oil filter off the Chevelle because the dumbass that put it on durring the rebuild cross threaded it.... still workin on it though haha.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well, first post. How about, on this friday 13th, i witnessed my best friend make out with my ex on my couch, and then outside my house? all while me and my friends were Kareoking?

Well, I'm not a troll, but once i find time, i'll post pics of some WRX's from my trip to Japan. I am a WRX fanatic, a WRC junkie and F1 fan, and will hopefully own a WRX someday, perhaps within the next 4 years.

Cheers ;)

·
Registered
302 Posts
Teep said:
Ok, my Friday the 13th just got real fcking ugly.

I was coming back from grocery shopping and about 3-4 cars ahead of me I hear what sounds like a box exploding and I then see stuff go flying up in the air and a shoe lands out into the street.

Sadly, it was a pedestrian who just got hit-run.
I did not see the event, but heard it ahead of me and saw the results.

There was a 12 year old kid screaming "OH MY GOD OH MY GOD" and an older guy screamed at the top of his lungs "GO GET THAT GUY" and as I came up I saw a lady folded up and face down in the side of the road.

Someone was already calling an ambulance and I didn't want to start a traffic jam so after initially pulling over (and fighting some waves of nausea) I creeped bye and then sped on to see if I could catch a car with signs of a hit & run on the front end but with out seeing the car, and rush hour traffic and a rotary, I could only try and look at people's front ends for damage which felt pretty useless.

I wish I could have done more and hope the lady is going to be ok, but I'm sick of this Friday the 13th already.

:( :( :( :(

-tp
That kinda stuff happening is sh!t.

Its a pity you didnt catch sight of the car. I would love the chance to chase someone down for something dumb like that. Open up the throttle and then open up a can of whoopass.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Sucker got BUSTED!

From my local paper's online notes:

Accident witness corners hit-and-run driver
A pick-up truck hit a midtown woman standing outside a Washington Street convenience store and kept going at 5 p.m. yesterday, police said.

I knew I saw a red car HAUL ASS away from the scene, but wasn't sure if that was someone giving chase or the perp.

Gotta go buy a proper paper to read the rest.

-tp

1 - 16 of 16 Posts