Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I haven't tried it, but a client of mine uses "freesurfer". Do a google search for it.

I don't need it because I usually browse the web using Opera (beta 7 if anyone's interested) and it eliminates pop-up within it's own code...

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Opera 7 Beta 1 is AWESOME. I suggest you run out there and download it straight away. Aside from the cosmetic enhancements (the object dock up top looks just like OSX) the java code is VASTLY enhanced. Most websites look EXACTLY as they do in IE - but just load faster in Opera! :D

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
You're welcome and great to hear! :D

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Wow...I'm trying Opera 6.0 right now.....It's nice! :D

It seems to have some positioning problems with buttons and a few other things, but overall, Mikey likes! :D

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Opera 7 does videos just fine. It'll ask if you want to download the media file or save it to disk.

O7 also does a better job than 6 of positioning buttons/onscreen graphics, etc.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
yeah...i updated to 7 after i got 6 installed...it's even better! I've found my browser....now if only i could get IE off my harddrive...

·
Banned
1,780 Posts
djrez4 said:
yeah...i updated to 7 after i got 6 installed...it's even better! I've found my browser....now if only i could get IE off my harddrive...
Why can't you uninstall it? It should work-also, I'm thinking of using Opera after all these rave reviews- is there a way to make it my default browser?

·
Banned
1,780 Posts
dark_rex said:
IE is the best. i love it. it's so customizable, and you can disable popups in the IE options anyway.

dR
Really? Im not aware of that- care to tell me how to do it?

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
You can't get IE off of your hard drive because it's INTRINSICALLY tied to the Windows OS. It's one of the reasons why the DOJ decided to slap Microsoft on the hand last/this past year.

I leave it on the system in case there's a poorly written website that caters to IE that I come across - I'll use it in those cases. Otherwise it's Opera for me!

I like IE, but it's developed that mysterious "won't show all gifs, until page reload" problem that so many forums are complaining about and it just made me sick after a while. Had to look for a solution to keep my sanity! Heck, 90% of my on-line time is spent on a forum somewhere - not having them display correctly made my anal-retentive nature freak out! :D

·
Registered
61 Posts
Just d/l'd Opera 6.05 from work. 11mb in 12 seconds. I love working when noone is around.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts