ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
like the title says. i had a subaru techie friend who was supposed to help but he can do it now. so i need someone who has installed sti injectors, turbo and fuel pump to come help. I live in sharon, pa which is in the youngstown ohio area. Im also 45 mins north of pitt and hour south of erie. This will be tomorrow (saturday morning).

I could just do it by myself but hey, its no fun that way.

let me know ASAP. Ill chekc this thread sat morning and if theres no replies ill just do it myself. :wiggles:

Brandon

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
unfortunately i cant..but an 45 north of pitts, i bet its pretty close to the nys border..and i go to school like 50 mins north of the ny border so it would be close..if i were at school!

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
shoot......well im goign to be there for a huge chunk of the day, anyone is welcome to join me. It is at RSL trucking, o 62 coming in from hubbard ohio. Anyone in a store or whatever in sharon will know where its at. On to the install.. :)

Brandon

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well, it was ugly but i got it done. It took about 10 hours using numerous breaks for swearing about some little bracket or hose that doesnt want to come off, beer, and resting my lower back that was spasming from bending over for 5 hours straight.

I had my first experience with the GBODs (Green Brackets of Death).... :p . The passenger side was NOT comign out so I just moved it around and worked around it. The drivers side was really easy, you just have to unbolt the pcv nipple for the crankcase ventilation system. This wouldve worked great except when taking out the driver rear injector it shot out fuel right into the crankcase...:mad: . So I went to walmart at 2 am and got soem castrol syntec to replace my mobil 1 which had only been int here for 1500 miles.

initial impression: Its definately faster, but you can feel the lag more. The engine has a deeper tone which sounds completely awesome at WOT. I did think a P&P Monster vf34 wouldve spooled sooner, but this could just be the ecu relearning. I used the cobb vf34 map.

Who else has a P&P vf34 and is running cobb accessport vf34 map?

Brandon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts