Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone noticed some fraying of the seats at a rather early time in the wrx's life? My drivers seat is and has been fraying for about 2,000 miles now, I am at 8000 miles and i think thats kind of premature for fraying of the seat. Im tempted to take to dealer.. thanks guys.

Jason

·
Registered
785 Posts
Driver's side seat cover replaced under warranty.

Mine frayed right about where my checkbook sits in my rear pocket. Checkbook no longer resides in rear pocket.

·
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yup, exact same spot.. welp.. looks like i'll be heading to the dealer tomorro, Stupid wallet.. mine wont be there anymore either...

Thanks

·
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, i took the car in, and my dealer said that my seat fraying is not due to the seats malfunction.. bla bla bla.. =) so i asked to speak to a service manager and he is supposed to be in monday. I better get a new seat.. it looks horrible..

·
Registered
424 Posts
I have the same problem...maybe I'll take it in to my dealer and see what THEY say...

-Jason-

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
jmussetter said:
I have the same problem...maybe I'll take it in to my dealer and see what THEY say...

-Jason-
much more comfortable to drive with no wallet buldge also

·
Registered
55 Posts
this is the second car I've owned that this has happened within the first 5,000 miles. I've narrowed this down to either the wallet in the back pocket or the khaki pants with the velcro on the pockets.
-Jim

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I think I'm going to look into wetokole seatcovers... Neat stuff! And I won't feel guilty about jumpin gin the WReX after a nice long jog... :)

·
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They are "supposed" to take care of it this week, i had a family emergency and need my car to be with me all week incase i needed to leave. So, hopefully i will have the seat issue resolved by the end of this week.

*then i can put my MBC on* :D

·
Registered
473 Posts
is2scooby said:
I think I'm going to look into wetokole seatcovers... Neat stuff! And I won't feel guilty about jumpin gin the WReX after a nice long jog... :)
I saw their site but they didn't have pricing info.
If you get a price out of them, can you let me know?
I'd be interested in getting their covers for the fronts as long as they can make something that matches fairly close to the stock interior colors.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
They can definitely match the fronts, and they are AWESOME (I have had 3 sets of the custom-fit wet okoles) but they are pricy. The last set I purchased was for my '94 Mustang GT in 2000 and they were ~$250.00 if I remember correctly.

Great stuff though!

P.S. In case you didn't know "okole" in Hawaiian = rump/posterior/booty/tush... :D

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Can anyone provide a "wet okole" link? sounds kinda interesting.

In the meantime, my seat is wearing on the upper side bolster where I rub every time I get into the car. It hasn't started fraying yet, but it's looking like crap. You'd think they'd use some nice durable fabric....

(oh wait....profit margins :rolleyes: )

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
hmmmm...the website seems to have a few bugs :p

·
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
UPDATE!

Finally, after at least a month of bickering about my seat i took it down to the dealer again and pretty much TOLD them to get me a new seat cover. It worked, new seat cover is in the mail and on its way. So frustrating what you have to do to get them to do warranty work. Just thought i'd let you guys know.

Jason

·
Registered
69 Posts
Wetokole.. Nice lookin stuff... I wonder if they could match the blue on my seats? With a nice embroidered WRX logo on it.
If so- I'd be on it.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I had mine replaced 3 time. My car has 90K miles, and every time I brought my car in for major service, they replaced the driver seat material...I didn't even ask them to, and they didn't mention it, but I'd notice like 2 days after the service that my seats aren't frayed anymore. Now I'm about to go in for my 90K service...I don't know if seat fabric is covered under the 100K mile warranty, but I really doubt it. I'll be ordering my wet okoles very shortly.

I don't keep my wallet in my back pocket...this is just from "normal" ass-wear on the seat...the seat itself is nice, but that stupid fabric... :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts