Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was mountain biking yesterday and I tried to jump some logs over a very high fallen tree, which is something i do all the time and I fell and fractured my scapula (wing bone connected to my shoulder). looks like i wont be driving anytime soon. this sucks because i just ordered pulleys and exhaust. :( :mad:
apparently the scapula is one of the most difficult bones in your body to damage. just my luck. excuse my typing, i'm right handed and i'm typing with my left. i'm bummed because i won't get to drive my WRX for a few weeks.

·
Registered
94 Posts
In a road race last year (bikes not cars) a guy bit it sprinting for the finish and broke his scapula.. Nobody could believe it... Everyone pretty much just thought he broke his clavicle and just said the wrong bone.. But yea, that sucks hard man.

jb

·
Registered
298 Posts
sorry to hear about your misfortune, that's a rare fracture!~ what area of the scap did you manage to break? have fun healing.

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
Ouch! That really stinks sorry to hear that. :( How long does something like that take to recover?
p.s. your typing is fine.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
5 weeks in a sling, and maybe 6 months to heal completly.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Ouch !

Owww, I feel for you str. I've crashed many times, road and mountain bike over the years - it still hurts every time you bite it hard. Luckily, just lots of road rash, the worst was a concussion, no broken bones as you have suffered. :eek:

Here's wishing you a speedy recovery so that you are back behind the wheel and on your bike before too long.

·
Registered
416 Posts
The one part I hate about falling is that last second, when you realize that its gotten out of control. I was jumping some obstacles once into a one lane road and I flubbed the landing. The first thing that hit was my right forearm directly into the curb on the opposite side of the street! That fall messed up the 'alignment' of my clavicle. But I did get a little medical grade morphine for that fall. The only fall that resulted in me laughing in the hospital.

Good Luck on a full and speedy recovery!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts