Subaru WRX Forum banner

FP turbo installed

1K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  slin02 
#1 · (Edited)
oh my gosh, I spent three hrs on this turbo install, I swear it is just as painful as doing the uppipe, half of coolant on the ground and 2 seized bolts later, FP turbo is in.
first impression, hm like stock turbo,,,, big turbo lag. I was like I just got ripped off $650. well I guess I will write updates after my unichip is back and stopping by god's store for fuel sys. upgrade.
stay tuned.

#7 ·
I think Rocky was initially a little underwhelmed with his also, although with the appropriately mapped Unichip he said that you can definitely feel the difference. Like you, he also mentioned significantly increased lag.

Who did you get the modified turbo from? I thought dealing directly with Forced Performance the price was closer to $500?

-Pace

#9 ·
slin02 said:
I had an offer 650 shipped and no waiting time, he shipped the turbo to me and I send him back my old one.
Actually $650 is not too bad. I'm guessing you purchased from Evolution as they were originally charging $850 + core but brought the price down to $650 + core when everyone jumped on them. ;)

Looks like you got a decent deal given that you had no waiting time. I really hope the Unichip allows the turbo mods to shine and you realize the performance gains you are looking for. Let us know how it works out.

-Pace

#11 ·
Yeah, I had one of the first ones. At first all I noticed was lag. Once I got my unichip with the correct map, MAN it flew. That really woke the car up. The boost response isn't quite as good because of the clipping, but the midrange and top end were crazy!!

The tires started to come loose at the top of 1st gear! I liked it. I'm back on stock turbo now, as I'm going VF30 later.

-C

slin02: do you have a bigger pic of the Impreza in your avatar? It looks like the Impreza LM from GT3

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.