ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Naw that IS not my Evo, we have the same mods and WHP so we would run the same times. Again if He had a real clutch yes he was running the STOCK clutch, it would be more like a 12.2 or even lower on race gas. Here is the original thread.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=84644

Actually, My car has 20WHP advantage on him, I think we used the Same Dyno @ TT, as it is a TT car. So I may trap higher but with a stock clutch, IDK. Honestly this is not so bad, stock turbo, stock ECU. The limiting factor here is the ECU, because it runs off the MAF, get rid of that Mean just converting to a hot wire setup nets 20WHP Easilly. And then a full AEM tune people are running anywhere from 380-400 WHP stock turbo and 11's. Its all in teh tuning, don't forget that.

Certainly Higher torque, I get a nice spike and over 360 FP's, its scary.

Also, IMHO, if the STI had longer gears, or even a 5 speed, it would have been an 11 second car.

·
Registered
172 Posts
After looking at the video I can t help wondering if the STI was a tad slow to react. The EVO has a much better launch than the STI. With similar launches the STI would have a greater lead, me thinks.

·
Registered
315 Posts
o yeah for sure a green sti would kill a stock turbo evo, greens are 10sec capable turbos

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah a Green is a HUGE turbo, bigger then a 2)G and way more efficient. It flows liek 800 CFMS< the Evo Turbo flows 550CFM's.

But A green on a 2.5 Scooby should be a 500WHP car, and run high ten's @ 127 or so....Tune Tune Tune...

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Also if you notice the STI didn't launch. I think he just rolled to get a trap speed. Thats def. an 11 sec car. He has over 375whp.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I do not like them, I do not buy their "ACT" or their position of crazy baddass guys, no, they are crap and Mainstream. I put them in teh same basket as Likin Park, sure their stuff is infectious and catchy, but so is Herpies.:eek:

·
Registered
36 Posts
this is great to see, as my numbers are very comparable to yours, and im about to do external wastegate and race gas tune so i should be able to hit 11's as well :thumbup: nice time man get a clutch and hit an 11 in that thing!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Wow,we're going back awhile.
oldie but goodie....... i havent been able to find many good 1/4 mile times with my setup, but this is a classic example of what my car is capable of as im at these numbers on pump gas too ;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts