ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm in need of a new turbo for my 05 WRX and I have been asking around and doing research on my own and I have been looking at the FP GREEN HTA turbo charger for my car. Currently my car is mostly stock but I have been wanting to do some upgrades for a while now. I was wondering, since there are so many people that know way more than I do on the subject, what you all would recommend upgrading in conjunction with the new turbocharger. I'm not looking for a 1000hp but a nice bump in power would be nice. I’m still on stock internals so I don't want to go to crazy, I still want a reliable car. I know I'm going to need a tune, so I want to do a few other things too just to kill two birds with one stone.

Just to know if I'm way off or not, what I was thinking was headers, down pipe (I already have an up pipe), Cobb light weight crank pulley, intake (pre turbo) and a tune. How far off am I. what should I do, what shouldn't I do.
Thank you all for any insight. I’m new to turbo cars (this being my first) and I would like to not mess it up (as I rather love this car!!!)

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
Id1000 injectors
Inlet pipe
Up pipe
Fuel pump (255 at least)
TMIC
Downpipe
Cat back
EBCS
Tune
I'd probably recommend also running meth.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
is that a setup that I can still drive as a daily driver without breaking the bank? I put about 85 miles on it a day. the running meth scares me a little

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
Do you have $15K to support the HTA Green? If not, get that idea out of your head. For that turbo, you'd need a large number of supporting mods, along with a built motor/transmission. Not to mention, the HTA Green on a 2.0L would be a horrible powerband.

Without touching internals (assuming your car passes compression/leakdown tests), the largest turbo you should even consider is a 16G.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I need a new turbo. Mine is shot. Since it is going to get replaced and the OEM is allready over a grand what turbo would you reccomend. Company and supporting mods. i dont have 15k to play around with and im not looking for a supercar out of this thing. im just looking for a bump in power while still maintaining a good level of driveability. Like i said, im fairly new to this and im looking for help in the best place i can think of. i didn't think the fp green was that big of a turbo either. This is the one i was looking at Forced Performance Turbochargers: FP GREEN HTA for Subaru STi/WRX and if that is not a good option what would be more reasonable in the same general price range?

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
Buy a used TD04 and get a custom reflash done after you've done the exhaust modifications. You'll gain a decent bit of power, and as long as the tuner knows what they're doing (since you're in IL, I'd suggest P&L), you should have no reliability concerns if the motor passes the tests mentioned earlier.

A used TD04 should cost you no more than $200.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts