Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently emailed FP and they said they will be putting the bolt-on 18g and 20g turbo's on their website along with pricing and info. Cant wait, I just hope that they are not insanely expensive. Just thought I would share this with you guys. I know that some of you are running similar turbo's if not these and are pushing awesome whp numbers.

·
Registered
563 Posts
FP has had these available for a few weeks...you just had to call :D I ordered a ported 18g from them last week...I'll post some pics when I get it (probably wednesday).

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah get some pictures up, I wanna take a look at the turbo. If you dont mind me asking, how much did you get the turbo for?

·
Registered
563 Posts
You can get the 18g for $817 shipped. I got it ported ($45) with a set of factory gaskets ($33) for $895 shipped.

The ported 20g is around $1150.

Forced Performance has excelent customer service too! They'll spend the time to answer all of your questions if you give them a call.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, those are really good prices for such a potent turbo! Post a write up when you get the turbo installed with a dyno sheet if you are having it dynoed, which you probably will. Good luck with it, I think I am almost sold myself!

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Hot_Dog said:
You can get the 18g for $817 shipped. I got it ported ($45) with a set of factory gaskets ($33) for $895 shipped.

The ported 20g is around $1150.

Forced Performance has excelent customer service too! They'll spend the time to answer all of your questions if you give them a call.
i actually checked their site this morning and didn't see anything.

i didn't think that the 18g would be that cheap. for some reason i thought that it would be in the $1300-$1500 range. i may be getting one sooner htan i thought.

this is good for the bank :D

·
Banned
33 Posts
There are already post in this forum about the 18G turbo. There is also a large review done by Nathan of TurboXS over on Nasioc as well on the new 20G. These turbos have been availible for a month or so now, and I have one of the very first ones released. It is an awesome turbo, for the price it can not be beaten and is rebuildable.

Here is a graph comparing the FP20G to the PE1820: http://www.turboxs.com/_images/1820vs20grace_web.jpg

And here is a graph comparing the VF30 to the FP20G:
http://www.turboxs.com/_images/vf30vs20grace_web.jpg

Here is the thread on the 20G on Nasioc:
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=397660

And here is the thread with information about the FP18G:
http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31829

Enjoy,
-Matt

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
matt...this is great stuff thank you

i've only recently started researching this and you have really helped my out.

·
Registered
51 Posts
this looks to be our new favorite turbo upgrade.. thank god for FP!! :D

·
Registered
748 Posts
Ill be getting an FP-18G in the fall ... I can't wait... too bad I have to pay for the cruise for my wife and I first or id have one now :(

·
Registered
563 Posts
abbo7 said:
Wow, those are really good prices for such a potent turbo! Post a write up when you get the turbo installed with a dyno sheet if you are having it dynoed, which you probably will. Good luck with it, I think I am almost sold myself!
I'll definetly post pics and a write up...but there's no dyno around me :(

The price for these turbos is what we SHOULD be playing for a high performence turbo. FP makes the IHI turbos look very overpriced. The only thing that is going to keep this from being "The WRX turbo" is supply. IHI can produce probably 1000 VF turbos a month, where FP can only made 50 or so.

·
Banned
33 Posts
Here is some pictures of my Forced Performance 18G for your veiwing entertainment:

·
Banned
33 Posts
And more.....

I also have the dyno plot and boost plot from when I got tuned at Knowledge but it is not where it should be since I had the stock exhaust which was killing the turbo with backpressure and I also had a cracked spark plug in cylinder #3 which I didnt find out about until I returned home. If you want me to post them up too I will be glad too but keep in mind that they are no where near the power potential that this turbo has. I will have the true plots the 9th of next month when I go back to the dyno and get retuned.

Enjoy,
Matt :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
I take it the exhaust housing on the FP 18G is different than the exhaust housing on an 18G for a DSM? If this is true, where does the FP 18G housing come from...an IHI turbo?

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
wow...that turbo looks amazing...

i can't wait until i get one :D

·
Banned
33 Posts
Steve-o: The 18G is awesome. It has a little lag but when it hits full boost it pulls very hard. I have no regrets and knew I wouldnt when I bought it.

waveoff: The exhaust side housing is an 8cm^2 TD05H housing with the subaru bolt pattern. That is all I can tell you about the housings. If you would like to know more then e-mail Robert at Forced Performance and I am sure he will fill you in.

E23K13L420: http://www.forcedperformance.com get their number off their site and give them a call and order. They are working on getting it up on the site but you still have to call to order.

-Matt

1 - 20 of 52 Posts