ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.is300.net/, I was looking around this morning looking for some racing videos and I figured with the surge of turbo IS300's floating around there should be some interesting videos here...I drop into IS vs the world and all I see is WRX bashing, my car looks better and WRX is rice comments...is this the new srtforums or what?

"That's nice, but my IS is much more pleasing/reliable/better looking than your Subaru IMO"

"dude i agree with him , wrx are ugly rice wagons , and are turbo , so in my opion give my boost and i will blow ur socks up ur oval cans CAN!"

I was so shocked at the 5 year old mentality of the members that I had to post this...

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just can't stand the stupidity...

Some kid said Grand Nationals come with supechargers...

And calling WRX rice wagons? That just adds to the feeling of snobbishness on the board...

·
Registered
309 Posts
I read through the pages.. didnt find anything all that bad about it. The IS does look better than the WRX.

People should have some reason to pay 10k more for a slow car. Its luxury, looks, and "hey look at me I have a lexus".

Different strokes...

I'd rather blast past them and not give a damn what other people think about my car or what the name on the front of it is :rolleyes:

Rob

·
Registered
195 Posts
ROFL...

"That's nice, but my IS is much more pleasing/reliable/better looking than your Subaru IMO"

"dude i agree with him , wrx are ugly rice wagons , and are turbo , so in my opion give my boost and i will blow ur socks up ur oval cans CAN!"
Sounds like they are the new clubwrx.net.. I remember when the srt first came out, this place was off the hook with posts like "my car's more pleasing/reliable/better looking" and "it's just a neon/dodge/give me a 2.4turbo and we'd be faster..."

Every car forum is the same. And they're all full of the mentality of five year olds.

·
Registered
352 Posts
ebbtide said:
ROFL...
Sounds like they are the new clubwrx.net.. I remember when the srt first came out, this place was off the hook with posts like "my car's more pleasing/reliable/better looking" and "it's just a neon/dodge/give me a 2.4turbo and we'd be faster..."

Every car forum is the same. And they're all full of the mentality of five year olds.
Heh...well said! But then again, I think most clubwrx.net members give new cars their props even if they arent as fast as a wrx. Its just that neons used to be such pos that nobody thought dodge could come out with such a great car. Now obviously most clubwrx.net members changed their mind, but it was tough since it sucks knowing that the neon was created just to gun down the best bang for the buck car.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
SERacing said:
I just can't stand the stupidity...

Some kid said Grand Nationals come with supechargers...

And calling WRX rice wagons? That just adds to the feeling of snobbishness on the board...

WRX rice wagons..... Xtreme Rice Wagons

it all makes sense now...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Personally I still don't like the SRT-4, atleast as a daily driver. The one I drove had a crappy shifter, the exhaust was annoying at anything other than WOT and the backseat blew. Maybe I am expecting too much from a $20K car, but even some KIA's come with power windows in the back...come on now that is just stupid.

·
Registered
409 Posts
SERacing said:
I drop into IS vs the world and all I see is WRX bashing, my car looks better and WRX is rice comments...is this the new srtforums or what? ...

I was so shocked at the 5 year old mentality of the members that I had to post this...
No kidding. I hate ignorant boards where they bash other cars and call them rice. Kind of like the people on the following board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=76004

:D

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
I never understood why the IS v. WRX conversation was ever started anywhere. The cars are so fundamentally different that it seems rediculous to compare them. The IS is a good car. Nice, luxurious interior, stylish "look at me" exterior, and a price tyag to surpass both. The car is meant for a totally different demographic. It's target market is young males 20-30 who want to be trendy and stylish. It's another option to a BMW 3-series. The WRX is none of that. The WRX is about performance, practicality, and driving pleasure. The interior is above average, but not by much, the exterior isn't gonna win any style awards, and certainly isn't gonna garner many looks from anyone who isn't an enthusiast. But throw them on a track and watch the IS get romped. Not because it's a bad car, but because they're totally different cars....

::rant off::

·
Registered
286 Posts
One thing I don't understand is: why do people have to start nit-picking at the car's quality, reason why it was built (demographic), and if its hp are more for straight light vs canyon runs, etc...

Let's just stick to DT's saying, "winning is winning! it doesn't matter if you win by a foot or a mile, winning's winning!" (or something to that sort).

If you're going to challenge someone or accept a challenge, and if you do loose...accept it. I love it :rolleyes: when people start justifying to themselves that their car is better in OTHER ways.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
GIDDYupREX said:
Personally I still don't like the SRT-4, atleast as a daily driver. The one I drove had a crappy shifter, the exhaust was annoying at anything other than WOT and the backseat blew. Maybe I am expecting too much from a $20K car, but even some KIA's come with power windows in the back...come on now that is just stupid.
I think you might be expecting a lil too much for it.... If you look at it, the money had to go somewhere! I am just glad that it went where I would have put it myself... Under the hood... I would gladly take one if I had 20K US burning a hole in my pocket. Seems like a blank slate for mods, just like a WRX imo.

·
Registered
195 Posts
jigga said:
I think you might be expecting a lil too much for it.... If you look at it, the money had to go somewhere! I am just glad that it went where I would have put it myself... Under the hood... I would gladly take one if I had 20K US burning a hole in my pocket. Seems like a blank slate for mods, just like a WRX imo.
exactly. I'll take crappy interior for a 2.4t block that supports 500+hp any day of the week.

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
fourstardrift said:
One thing I don't understand is: why do people have to start nit-picking at the car's quality, reason why it was built (demographic), and if its hp are more for straight light vs canyon runs, etc...

Let's just stick to DT's saying, "winning is winning! it doesn't matter if you win by a foot or a mile, winning's winning!" (or something to that sort).

If you're going to challenge someone or accept a challenge, and if you do loose...accept it. I love it :rolleyes: when people start justifying to themselves that their car is better in OTHER ways.
When you'r eon the street or the track and it's time to move... run whatcha brung! But discussing which car is "better" is pointless for all those reasons and more. There's more to a car than just speed for some people... Sometimes having a package that is more liveable and 'pimpable' is more important than an all out fast car...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts