ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok thanks to verdugo, i have decided on the blitz nur spec catback exhaust over the carbon ti exhaust. i hope i have made a good decision, if i havent someone please tell me. one last question on the exhaust, where should i order it from?
now that i will soon be ordering exhaust, i need an intake. i heard there was no good use for an aem intake. in an earlier issus of import tuner xs engineering designed an intake specially for the wrx that adds 15 horses to the wheels for 250 dollars. not a good way to spend 250 bucks. any recommendations are welcome and any suggestions about the xs intake. thank you

·
Registered
624 Posts
What other mods do you have? Why are you dead set on getting an intake?

I agree, Verdugo sold me on the Blitz cat back as well. You can order these from Godspeed or German-Autowerks.

·
Premium Member
13,353 Posts
w00t I feel special :)

So long as you like how loud it is and won't get sick of the noise, I don't think you'll be disappointed with your decision. I like the sound, but I totally understand it when people don't want something as loud.

As far as an intake goes, if you're not going to go a unichip route, the Blitz SUS works great. I'll be putting mine back in once I get my replacement pipe for it and a proper unichip map. Otherwise, I'd stick with the stock intake, put a K&N or similar drop-in panel filter, and just hack the bottom of the intake silencer. Works great for me right now and you won't run into any problems should you put in a unichip.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
I left the ram air intake in place, removed the air box and cut off the intake to the air box. In its place, I forced a short piece of 3.5 ID rubber hose (a stock elbow from Home Depot and trimmed a bit) into the fender. With my ITG filter, I guess its a CAI now?

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
NOT a good way to spend 250 bucks? Heck, 15 horse for 250 bucks ain't bad. I doubt the thing even makes that much. There's quite a bit of debate about intakes doing anything at all on a turbo car. If you don't think that's a good deal, you don't want an aftermarket intake. You won't find a price/performance ratio better than that for an intake. Hack the silencer and drop in a K&N panel if you want to hear the turbo better.

If these are your only mods, it sounds like you're in a Normally Aspirated way of thinking. As far as bang for buck goes, exhausts and intakes are fairly low on the list for turbo cars. Boost controllers, uppipe, and cheap water spray kits all will give you more for the money.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts