ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an xbox "pro" version and yesterday some forza 3 stuff started freaking out on me. Everything's been running fine with it, had it for a while, but yesterday I went to paint they Veyron, had it all done, but then when I went to save the paint design it took forever for it to save, then just came up with a message that said "Failed to save. Please try your save again." I threw out an explicative or 2, cause I thought that car looked damn good the way I had painted it, and restarted the console. I boot it up, go to section where I view my cars, and all the cars I've ever done paint jobs on are now covered by a black bar...like they went blank or something. When I select a car and hit "view car" I just see the basic paint job the car came with, and my paint for that particular car is gone. All my tuning is still there, all my performance mods, everything is there but paint.

Thennnn....when I go to try and race, it locks up and gives me the "unable to read disc. please clean disc blah blah blah" message. I cleaned the disc, nothing. Help me please! There's gotta be some xboxers out there. Should I start packing up my xbox to ship it to microsoft? I flippin' out cuz I can't do my racing. This is an emergency of epic proportions. lol.

Thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
Do you think its your xbox or the game? I just sold my Forza 3 cause it was crap. The install disc for the extra stuff would never load. I took it back and the install disc again didn't work. After taking it back and getting a 3rd copy it finally installed. Then playing it, it just seemed glitchy. All my other games work fine so I know its not the console. I think somethings up with the game. I just said forget it and got rid of it and got Dirt 2

·
Moderating YOU, before you had your Subaru!
13,353 Posts
I had a similar problem with the "Unable to read disc" error. When it happened before I got Forza 3, it would happen on multiple games and eventually I had to send it in for the Red Ring of Death. However, when I first bought Forza 3, I got this error very early on in the game, which resulted in the track completely disappearing when I was driving and not being able to advance forward to the next event. Since it happened only less than a week after I bought the game, I returned to Amazon and exchanged it for another copy. To be on the safe side, I installed the game onto the hard drive, and I haven't had a single problem since.

I would try installing the game onto your hard drive and see if that fixes it. If it stalls during installation, you might have a problem with the disc itself, and I'm not sure if it's been too long since you bought it to return it for another copy. If that's the case, you can probably install a copy from a friend and then use your disc to start it up, but I haven't tried that so I don't know if that will still work or not. If you're getting this disc unreadable error on other games...it might be your Xbox starting to crap out :( Hope this helps!

·
13,353 Posts
*Edit* Forgot to mention, they have an 04 and 05 STi in the game... the 05 is a freaking Hawkeye. They need to do some research and try again
It's possible that the Forza designers are going by the Japanese model year, since in Japan, the Hawkeye is indeed a 2005 model. It seems pretty consistent that they go by the Japanese model year on all the other Japanese cars, so I think their research is correct :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had a similar problem with the "Unable to read disc" error. When it happened before I got Forza 3, it would happen on multiple games and eventually I had to send it in for the Red Ring of Death. However, when I first bought Forza 3, I got this error very early on in the game, which resulted in the track completely disappearing when I was driving and not being able to advance forward to the next event. Since it happened only less than a week after I bought the game, I returned to Amazon and exchanged it for another copy. To be on the safe side, I installed the game onto the hard drive, and I haven't had a single problem since.

I would try installing the game onto your hard drive and see if that fixes it. If it stalls during installation, you might have a problem with the disc itself, and I'm not sure if it's been too long since you bought it to return it for another copy. If that's the case, you can probably install a copy from a friend and then use your disc to start it up, but I haven't tried that so I don't know if that will still work or not. If you're getting this disc unreadable error on other games...it might be your Xbox starting to crap out :( Hope this helps!
I tried installing it on my hard drive but it did the same thing. Like I said before, I've cleaned the disc several times, tried different tricks, nothing seems to work. And my game is also only 2-3 weeks old, tops. I've had a problem like this before with MW1. It almost seemed like if I play the same game over and over for days on end, it craps out on me. I never went back and tried anything fancy to fix MW cuz I got hooked on Forza, but I'm just wondering if it's some common flip-out that 360s do. And aside from those 2, other games work just fine. Idk.

And I noticed that little bit about the 05s...my guess was that they just mapped out all the cars they could get their hands on. The new Scirocco in Forze 3 is a RHD car. Technically, that should be incorrect because all German cars are made in LHD in their original form. But maybe the Forza team took a trip to Japan and mapped out cars like the Scirocco and the 05 STi in their JDM form. Hmm...

·
13,353 Posts
I tried installing it on my hard drive but it did the same thing. Like I said before, I've cleaned the disc several times, tried different tricks, nothing seems to work. And my game is also only 2-3 weeks old, tops. I've had a problem like this before with MW1. It almost seemed like if I play the same game over and over for days on end, it craps out on me. I never went back and tried anything fancy to fix MW cuz I got hooked on Forza, but I'm just wondering if it's some common flip-out that 360s do. And aside from those 2, other games work just fine. Idk.

And I noticed that little bit about the 05s...my guess was that they just mapped out all the cars they could get their hands on. The new Scirocco in Forze 3 is a RHD car. Technically, that should be incorrect because all German cars are made in LHD in their original form. But maybe the Forza team took a trip to Japan and mapped out cars like the Scirocco and the 05 STi in their JDM form. Hmm...
If it's only 2-3 weeks old, you might still be able to exchange it for a new disc. Give that a try and hopefully you won't have any more problems. Otherwise, it might be a sign that you might be seeing the Red Ring of Death soon :(

·
Registered
133 Posts
ADD ME!!!

gamer tag "poweredbywrxsti"

I have a sick tune for the 2005, 2007 and 2009 STis!

we should assemble a weekend race/drive on a nice track like maple valley or something, create a STI meet on forza I think that would be an accomplishment!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Add me too fellas! Gamertag is Saj 5DJ.

Gotta a few good tunes as well. A very tasty Legacy that runs La Sarthe in 4:03, a great 22B for short races and road racing. Whole other bunch of off the wall stuff. Unfortunately, the 08 STi sucks... boo.

Check out my storefront if you're interested. Otherwise, ask me for a race, I'll be in.

·
Registered
28 Posts

They could have taken a UK market Scirocco. They did that with the Ford Fiesta too.

Plus the '05 is the correct model year for JDM.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts