Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After taking it apart, I got it painted at a local Maaco. Best of all, this mod only costed me $50 bucks. I got a mettallic black mixed with a gunmetal grey and topped it off with a clear coat. I think i sholdve gone with more black because the clear lens makes the color less defining.

One more comment, this mod doesn't looks like its a mod. it is a very very subtle distintive one.

[ July 27, 2001: Message edited by: clckwrkrnj ]

·
Registered
85 Posts
wow, that's one i've never seen before...and it looks good! could you get some pics up from an angle that is pulled furthur from teh car?

-Joseph Tan

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Wow that looks very very nice. How long did it take you to take the headlight apart? Oh yeah when I was in Japan I got a quote on the HID Conversion and they ended up costing aroudn US$1300 which is $500 cheaper than what most of people are charging. I'm thinking about just getting HID bulbs but right now I'm still looking for rims.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey, just curious. Are you the same red sedan that I've seen twice on Bloomingdale Road? If you are, I was behind you once in my blue WRX a couple weeks ago, and I spotted you yesterday at the stoplight by North Avenue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ah well. I've only seen one red WRX so I thought maybe... :) He's probably not from the boards anyways, he waved back to me but he didn't seem too enthuastic. Probably thought I was crazy. :D

Glendale Heights is by Lombard, Wheaton, Naperville...

The lights look nice BTW. :cool:

Attachments

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
here's a pic of it farther away. it looks duller than in real life.

took me at first an hour and 15 minutes at first. had to learn how to take them apart first. second time it took me about 30-40 minutes. putting back together takes less than 20 minutes.

mazoka, prolly not me. i'm mostly in the northwest suburbs. where exactly is glendale heights? south west of chicago?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i just painted that part because it angles the headlights giving a more aggressive look. i thought about painting the entire frame, but i wasn't sure how that would look and risking the chance of ruining the headlight would cost a lot of money. i photoshopped the headlights before i painted the section i painted so as to make sure i liked the look.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts