Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somewhere on the internet I found a nice looking BOV made by "forge" or "forged." I don't like the magenta anodized TurboXS blow-off-valve. The problem is, I can't seem to find it again. Anybody seen this BOV anywhere?

-Jim

p.s. My first quarter mile run in my stock 2002 WRX at Atco, NJ was 15.4 @ 88 MPH. Keeping in mind that I've never run the quarter in a car with a manual transmission, I was fairly impressed! :)

G

·
Ummm the turboXS BOV isnt magenta anymore.... last site I went to said they decided to start making them straight chrome. Atleast the Type-H34 that I was looking at getting.....

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hey Phast, actually anodizing in the process of placing the object in a solution which is charged with current, the difference in the charge of the object and the solution cause the color in the solution to bind to the object. The longer you do it, the deeper the anodization is. If you try to polish it, you could weaken the metal, which would probable want to be avoided.

G

·
Hi all, new guy here.

Why is everyone getting rid of the stock BOV ??? Does it leak boost or what? The stock BOV on 1st Gen Eclipse was excellent. If all you want is the sound, that's cool but, if it ain't broke I'm leaving it alone.

Attachments

·
Registered
295 Posts
Thanks for the clarification on the anodizing. I wasn't sure how deep it went into the material.

Force Fed -- Amen brother. I just came from the DSM camp too. I'm not gonna mess with a BOV until it starts leaking.

-jay

·
Registered
19 Posts
just got the Forge unit installed last weekend.. nice and shiney and sturdy. Gives a nice forceful quick pshhht type sound not a greddy chirp or long drawn out turbo XS type sound. Only problem is the spring type they give you should be the green spring not the blue. I along with some other people on I club have been having problems with turbo compression stall which gives a grinding noise whenever the bov vents. So when ordering just specify you need the green spring set. I have a thread going on I club in turbo forum that has more details.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm under the impression the forge unit is made from billit aluminum. It doesn't appear to be anodized, it's too smooth for that.

I had one for about a week and a half. There was nothing wrong with the unit. I just realized I prefered driving without the sound. A Hybrid BOV like I believe Go Fast Bits was supposed to be making might be more my style since it would hopefully only vent at high RPM.

Here (bigger picture): http://www.autospeed.com/image.html?LOC=%2Fstore%2Fimages%2F&IMG=2004200025&REZ=hi
or
(order it) http://www.autospeed.com/cgi-bin/browse.cgi?category=638&

It's funny autospeed knows more about it than GFB does.

[ July 31, 2001: Message edited by: Zahnster ]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts