Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just out of curiosity what are your opinions of the forester XT?
personally i am quite fond of it

·
Registered
393 Posts
From my limited experience with the Forester (ice racing).........very nice and very easy to handle. Got my arse handed to me by a purple rental one in my Evo with the new Pirelli's on. :eek: I can only imagine what a turbo version would be like. A very nice sleeper. I can so see Harvey piloting one of these down to Moab with Melvin in the back hanging on.

Todd

·
Registered
369 Posts
Ronin2121 said:
From my limited experience with the Forester (ice racing).........very nice and very easy to handle. Got my arse handed to me by a purple rental one in my Evo with the new Pirelli's on. :eek: I can only imagine what a turbo version would be like. A very nice sleeper. I can so see Harvey piloting one of these down to Moab with Melvin in the back hanging on.

Todd
HAHA now I am going to have nightmares, thanks Todd.

I was quite surprised with the neutral steering the Forrester posessed! Anyone looking to get a safe reliable (excellent on ice handling) car, this would be it. Now with the turbo version, you can convince your significant other on the reliable aspects, and secretly have a turbo for yourself. Look at me, maybe I was a car salesman in a former life.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Come on Brad, I didn't see any mention on how you got school'd by the Forester too! At least I was honest about it. ;) Oh, by the way...............go ahead and tell everyone about the battle for the worst ice driver. :wiggles: Hats off to Champion Harvey!

I did like that Forester.

Todd

·
Registered
91 Posts
The Forester XT rocks. I would love buy one and go nuts with the performace mods. Talk about your quintessential sleeper.

Did you guys see the picture of the STi Forester that someone posted on nabisco? Schweeeet! I think the post was in the 'News & Rumors' forum.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I wouldn't mind an XT at all! That would be fun for sure :)

"What was that? Your mustang just got beat by a what???"

hehe...

·
Registered
365 Posts
I'm interested to know about the engine. Sounds like a cheaper version of the STI engine. Only 215 HP but good torque. Seems like it could be easy to unlock 50-100 HP.... does anyone know specifics on the engine? Plus as soon as reflashes for the STI are available, an XT version can't be far behind.

The SUV with 13 pounds of boost. Just seems crazy.

·
Registered
785 Posts
You may want to talk to Flat4. They've already put a VF30 in one. With that turbo, it could be as fast/faster than the STi. :eek3:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thats awesome, i love the thought of a 2.5 litre turbo charged SUV. I think an XT would make a fine addition to any collection

·
Registered
444 Posts
It's a SUV.
See IHateSUVs.

Unless you are going to spend your time traversing creeks and driving offroad to campsites, I wouldn't want the handling sacrifice from high center of gravity and extra weight of a Soove. I'd rather have an STi wagon. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts