Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here race a Forester XT yet? I bought mine a couple of weeks ago, and just finished the break-in. It feels quick to me, but I dont know how it stacks up to other cars mentioned on this forum. I came from a Ford F150 (still have it actually) so I dont know what to compare it to.

Chris

·
Registered
73 Posts
Bah, the XT will be all over the WRX 99% of the time. Even a so-so XT driver should take out a well-driven WRX up to what, 100 or so? Engine has so much more grunt, lot more forgiving, and a better shifter to boot.

-B

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I don't know about the XT yet, until I see two line up I won't say which is faster, I have seen two big magazine reviews, one showed it being faster then the WRX, one showed it slower. someone needs to line these two up. Also I have seen the engine of the XT, the turbo and IC are tiny, probably what we can excpect in the american B4 legecy when it comes out over here. I was hoping for a twin scroll, but americans seem to like displacement more then turbo's :rolleyes:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
KanosWRX,

I think that the wrx and the XT share the exact same turbo.......it is the IC that is smaller on the xt. Why would they do such a thing:confused:

Chris

·
Registered
223 Posts
The XT has an STi motor with a smaller intercooler, WRX turbo and lower boost. I read that they had to detune it twice, and there's a good chance that the listed 210 hp is under-rated. I think a 250 hp XT would've diminished the WRX somewhat, possibly alienating future buyers. It would be difficult for some to accept that their sport compact could get smoked by the family Forester.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
KanosWRX said:
I don't know about the XT yet, until I see two line up I won't say which is faster, I have seen two big magazine reviews, one showed it being faster then the WRX, one showed it slower. someone needs to line these two up. Also I have seen the engine of the XT, the turbo and IC are tiny, probably what we can excpect in the american B4 legecy when it comes out over here. I was hoping for a twin scroll, but americans seem to like displacement more then turbo's :rolleyes:
I live in memphis, so if there is a member with a WRX also living here.......I will agree to run one. I know of several places that are long and straight with zero traffic (use to race my motorcycle:D ). Plus, I have the local Police in my Hip Pocket;)

Chris

·
Registered
599 Posts
rhino738 said:
I live in memphis, so if there is a member with a WRX also living here.......I will agree to run one. I know of several places that are long and straight with zero traffic (use to race my motorcycle:D ). Plus, I have the local Police in my Hip Pocket;)

Chris
Harley rider? :D

·
Registered
275 Posts
The XT is fast. In a magazine (Car and Driver or Motortrend) they got it going 13.7 in the quarter mile. It's pretty quick but the slalom is ok...or not. I'm glad Subaru decided to put some quickness in all of their cars.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
TurnWRX said:
Harley rider? :D
I would never own a harley! I just dont understand the idea for paying 20g for a bike that isnt as good as the Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki, etc....that you can buy for 13g's or less. :confused:

Chris

·
Registered
7 Posts
the forester xt is signigcantly quicker than the wrx, imagine if they would have put the sti turbo on it... it would be scary. i totaled my wrx about a month ago i was actually looking into getting a xt, but i think the look of the car killed any chance of me making the purchase.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'm running 13.7 @ 97 mph with a drop in panel filter, IC sprayer and lighter wheels. As an owner of an XT and an owner who has scared the crap out of many a' WRX driver by giving them a ride and having gotten "This thing is so much faster then my WRX" from every single one of them, I do believe it is the WRX killer it is made out to be. I've cooked a few at stoplights more then once.
- BrysImpreza

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sounds to me like the Forester will put up a good straight line race for an STi??????? Let me think, it's also cheaper, roomier, it only has 210hp? How is this?

·
Premium Member
13,832 Posts
Underrated? More torque than a Rex? I don't know - but I like it. :D

We need to get some XT videos on here.

·
Registered
39 Posts
palaban said:
The XT has an STi motor with a smaller intercooler, WRX turbo and lower boost. I read that they had to detune it twice, and there's a good chance that the listed 210 hp is under-rated. I think a 250 hp XT would've diminished the WRX somewhat, possibly alienating future buyers. It would be difficult for some to accept that their sport compact could get smoked by the family Forester.
the ej255 and the ej257 are not the same, it does not have the sti motor.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Power and weight aside......sory because its a repeat...............

Its the gearing. The Forester has closer gear ratio. Go to Car and Driver's web site to their road test of the XT. The gear ratios are listed. They are closer and not deisgned for highway fuel economy. It has one overdrive instead of two. 5th on a WRX is 0.738; 4th is .972. Not exactly straight line fast stuff beyond 3rd athe stock WRX

·
Registered
39 Posts
will that tranny bolt onto an impreza? hmm...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts