ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First let me start by saying that I got my Forester 3 days ago. I traded my Blue 03 WRX for it.
I have a black Forester XT, 5 speed Manual Transmission.

I was first behind the TL and he took off screeching his tires and all. I did not want to race since I only have 100 miles on her, but 1 wont hurt:D
I caught up and was able to catch the next light next to the TL. I had 2 other passengers (brothers) and they had 2 total. I knew it was on when the TL started to creep up while the other traffic lights turned yellow.
When the green light finally came I launched at 3k and by the end of 3rd I had at least 2 Bus lengths on him.

(Please note that the TL screeched his tires and I believe that when he saw how far ahead I was, he gave up)

I just wanted a chance to see the look on their faces when they saw that an SUV;) killed them. I must start taking my camcorder with me to record these. I almost had to stop afterwards because my brothers and I couldnt stop laughing.

I really like my new ride.

·
Registered
243 Posts
03 blue rex said:
First let me start by saying that I got my Forester 3 days ago. I traded my Blue 03 WRX for it.
I have a black Forester XT, 5 speed Manual Transmission.

I was first behind the TL and he took off screeching his tires and all. I did not want to race since I only have 100 miles on her, but 1 wont hurt:D
I caught up and was able to catch the next light next to the TL. I had 2 other passengers (brothers) and they had 2 total. I knew it was on when the TL started to creep up while the other traffic lights turned yellow.
When the green light finally came I launched at 3k and by the end of 3rd I had at least 2 Bus lengths on him.

(Please note that the TL screeched his tires and I believe that when he saw how far ahead I was, he gave up)

I just wanted a chance to see the look on their faces when they saw that an SUV;) killed them. I must start taking my camcorder with me to record these. I almost had to stop afterwards because my brothers and I couldnt stop laughing.

I really like my new ride.
How would you compare the power between the wrx and the foresterf?

·
Registered
211 Posts
More important - why would you race in a car with only 100 miles? :screwy:

Jimbo

·
Hammerdown Mod of Thunder
22,994 Posts
Some times you just can't help yourself. Showin' off for teh brothers probably had something to do with it.;)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
josnroh said:
Some times you just can't help yourself. Showin' off for teh brothers probably had something to do with it.;)

Thats exactly why. I so had to.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Re: Forester XT vs Acura TL

audirs6 said:
How would you compare the power between the wrx and the foresterf?

Forester gives you the boost alot earlier and there is virtually no lag. One thing I noticed is that the Forester feels way too slow when the air conditioning is on. The WRX felt better with the air on.

·
Registered
243 Posts
it probably has a stronger air then the wrx. Its more a wrx with some luxury car. You have a manual probably and you didnt get the lether package and all that.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Forester XT vs Acura TL

03 blue rex said:
Forester gives you the boost alot earlier and there is virtually no lag. One thing I noticed is that the Forester feels way too slow when the air conditioning is on. The WRX felt better with the air on.
Once she's broken in, maybe that will change....;)

Nice kill btw

·
Registered
172 Posts
Good kill. Congrats. Now be sure to baby the car and go synthetic !!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
audirs6 said:
it probably has a stronger air then the wrx. Its more a wrx with some luxury car. You have a manual probably and you didnt get the lether package and all that.
Its Manual and leather will be in on Wednesday;) Along with the Turbo Gauge.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Havent raced her since and I dont get any ricers trying to challenge me all the time.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
I rode in a Forester XT tonight to compare it to my Legacy GT. The XT has a good amount of torque too, and I think a race between an XT and a WRX would be a good one to watch. :D

·
Registered
236 Posts
i was actually on the balance b/w the xt and wrx. but since the wrx had better handling, better gas mileage, and looked a little better. i went that direction. also a couple grand cheaper didnt hurt.

XT is incredible. sleeper to the tenth power. nice interior too.
but the front end is a little too boring. nice kill though.

·
Registered
188 Posts
What I want to see is a Forester XT versus Legacy GT. Hearing that the GT is a little soft down low in comparision to the FXT...

-B

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
I think the GT will have more top end than the FXT since I'm pretty sure it has a slightly bigger turbo. Heck with the stock catless up-pipe the turbo spools up at 3000 RPM in the Legacy GT. A big difference between the vehicles is the gearing though. The FXT has a lot shorter gearing in 1st and 2nd, I believe.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Low-end is what I want, test drove a WRX and hated the lack of a low-end. Don't like to have to pretend I'm at a dragstrip all of the time I want decent acceleration from a stop. Like to have some power from 5, 10, 15 mph as well.

-B

1 - 18 of 18 Posts