Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to raise my 2005 WRX to make it capable in deep snow during the winter. It needs new suspension anyway, so My thought was to get 2005 Forester adjustable coil-overs, so that in the winter i can have the ride height an inch or so above WRX stock, and then in the other three seasons drop it down to a more reasonable street height. Does anyone see any problems with this plan? Does anyone have any recommendations for coil-over companies?

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
10,901 Posts
Kw, ohlins, whiteline, etc. Any good reputable brand. Avoid eBay specials, companies like bc, tein, raceland, etc.

Every height adjustment you've got to have a complete alignment done, you'll likely need adjustable control arms and such to fix camber. Coilovers are not really meant to be changed around all the time

·
Æternum
15,492 Posts
Every height adjustment you've got to have a complete alignment done, you'll likely need adjustable control arms and such to fix camber. Coilovers are not really meant to be changed around all the time
100x THIS!

Keep in mind the cost of doing this will be excessive. 2x alignments every year.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess then aside from more body roll, slightly decreased fuel economy, and slightly worse handling from high . CG, are there any major mechanical downsides from leaving it raised up on Forester coil-overs?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
additionally, in doing some research, all the coil-overs available for a 2005 Forester seem to be brands I have never heard of (though I am ignorant with suspension brands). I can't find anything from a traditional known manufacturer; ie Bilstein, Koni, Whiteline, Kw, etc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts