ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey...Richmond, Va here.

I'm new to this whole platform thing, can't wait to get started. I'll be ditching my Ford Fusion soon for one of these babies. I am doing a full mod list as I speak right now to get an idea of cost and boy, it's gonna be expensive haha.

·
Premium Member
10,942 Posts
Hey...Richmond, Va here.

I'm new to this whole platform thing, can't wait to get started. I'll be ditching my Ford Fusion soon for one of these babies. I am doing a full mod list as I speak right now to get an idea of cost and boy, it's gonna be expensive haha.
Richmond, home of the finest musical talent known to mankind. GWAR.

Also, lay off the mod list until after you've bought and driven the car for a while.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Richmond, home of the finest musical talent known to mankind. GWAR.

Also, lay off the mod list until after you've bought and driven the car for a while.
Pfffffffft...Also home of the worst tattoos in the US...

I can plan, I'm getting something with low mileage on it so it will already be broken in. The tune or exhaust is coming first.

·
Premium Member
10,942 Posts
I'm from Kentucky man, we will fight you for King of the worst tattoos.

Planning is fun, however you'll probably find that what you think you want is different than what you actually want when it comes to driving enjoyment.

When i bought my 2011 I had the list. Built motor, rotated turbo, full exhaust with equal length headers, cold air intake with a dry flow filter, front mount intercooler, wider wheels and tires, big brake kit. I never made it that far.

I had a turbo back installed and intake work removing the tgvs, I also had the secondary air pump removed and had the car tuned. It was ok. But the biggest bang for the buck smile inducing things i bought were good rotors and pads putting the stock suspension back on, and performance tires on the factory wheels.

All the power in the world just wont bring a smile like crisp steering, firm brakes, and lateral g. The wheels, tires, and suspension were the first things I did. It absolutely floored me how much better i liked the vehicle. Later on when it came to power my decisions were made more for simplicity of repair and "reliability" in a way.

Solid aluminum tgv deletes can't leak at a non existent butterfly, and it's easier to mate and replace exhaust gaskets when the pipes are all the same diameter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts