ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen the specs on the Ford GT? 500 hp and 500 lb ft of torque making 0-60 in 3.3 and the quarter mile in [email protected] :eek: Then you have Shelby working on the new 2007 Cobra which will pack a V-10 pushing 600 hp and 501 lb ft of torque in a car weighing less than 3,000 lbs :eek3:

·
Registered
426 Posts
There was a show on TLC a while back that showed step by step, how they built the car. From the artist's first impressions to the final product.

Pretty interesting, the Ford engineers had a Ferrari 360 (which they later broke), and the would race it and the Ford on a track, switch drivers, then compare the reults. Eventually they perfected the Ford and it went from being spanked by the Ferrari, to one who was doing the spanking. Now I can see why this car was hyped as being a Ferrari killer.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I think it's weird that they used a Ferrari to perfect the car. Wasn't the original GT40 supposed to be the Porsche 917 killer for Le Mans?

Anyway, the GT40 and the Cobra are my two all-time favorite cars, from a wholistic standpoint. Great looks, insane performance, and a history of winning lots of races.

Right now, though, I absolutely love my WRX and can't picture myself in anything else.

·
Registered
6,174 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts