ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday was the Forced Performance DSM Shootout in Montgomery, AL. Turn out, especially for the show portion, was pretty weak for the most part. In fact, there were only 4 cars in the show. GotWRX03 got to the semis in his bracket (13.0+) of racing and lost because of a bad reaction time (but also ran his first 12.99), but won the big prize for fastest Subaru with an IHI turbo. Congrats, man! He also won second in the show, followed by me in third. Our friend won first with his silver RSX.

Now, here's the pics. There are more at http://img.reack.com/ForcedPerformanceShootout

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
qoncept said:
Yesterday was the Forced Performance DSM Shootout in Montgomery, AL. Turn out, especially for the show portion, was pretty weak for the most part. In fact, there were only 4 cars in the show. GotWRX03 got to the semis in his bracket (13.0+) of racing and lost because of a bad reaction time (but also ran his first 12.99), but won the big prize for fastest Subaru with an IHI turbo. Congrats, man! He also won second in the show, followed by me in third. Our friend won first with his silver RSX.

actually, the reason I lost is because the dude cheated. i found out later that the camaro (who won the bracket) cheated by staying in the 13 second bracket instead of 12 second bracket. the camaro is a high 11 to mid 12 second car. he qualified late and only run once at 13.65 - adjusted his shift rpm points lower so he can stay at low 13s without pushing the car much.

after the race and awards, a friend told me that the same car ran a really low 12s and immediately left the track. tha sucks! :mad:

oh well. i'm happy for bagging almost $1k for the day (not cash, but certificates and dual stage MBC.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts