ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Moderating U!
6,318 Posts
I have a PDA, and I almost NEVER use it. I did buy the Pocketlogger and cable for it, so I use that to clear codes. But I haven't gotten it to work on my SRT-4 yet. Maybe it won't.

Then I got a laptop, and keep most of my PDA info on that. And now they also have cell phones that you can put reminders and addresses of people in it. So PDA's are pretty much worthless nowadays.

·
Registered
353 Posts
i have one, and i am in school and it helps alot, but u have to learn to use it. like i never used to use it cause it was just extra work for like stupid stuff. like homework assignments and all, but they come in handy.

i also use mine to surf the web when sitting around the house, it has wireless.:tongue:

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have one and use it a LOT.. Has phone # / address / birthday for everyone that I know / knew...

Keeps track of all my appointments, finance, etc.. I have a program that lists all the data in my life.. Software Serials, ID info, CC info, my DVD Collection, etc etc etc.

The list of what you can do with one is limitless, they make software that does ANYTHING..

If you want my opinion, get a Palm based PDA, imo Pocket PC sucks.. Easier to use at 1st b/c they are more familiar, but Palm is way more developer-friendly and there are amazing apps out for it..

You have to sit down and configure your PDA for how you plan to use it, take the chance to learn how to use it, etc. If you don't, you will end up parking it on a shelf and it will collect dust.. I use mine daily and would really miss it if I lost it :(

I reccomend the Tungsten line from Palm, I have a Tungsten|T and it can take a beating, has great battery life, great CPU speed..

If you want to know a good place to get Palm apps go to www.palmgear.com they have tons of apps, most are real cheap and you can search and see reviews.

Most reccomended apps:
Splash Wallet Suite
DateBK 5
Contacts 4 or 5

·
Registered
30 Posts
i just got a dell axim x30, best thing i have ever used.. and bought.... but then again when your a traveling computer consultant... anything helps to organize your life...

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
bluesix said:
If you want my opinion, get a Palm based PDA, imo Pocket PC sucks.. Easier to use at 1st b/c they are more familiar, but Palm is way more developer-friendly and there are amazing apps out for it..
Actually, I've had a Palm, a Handspring (Palm OS), and an iPAQ, which is PocketPC. I think that PocketPC rules, and there are plenty of amazing apps out for it, as well.

I use mine nearly every day, for calendar, contacts, excel, lists, mp3 player, etc...

Edit: As far as the "developer friendly" thing goes, I've actually written a number of apps for my iPAQ, using a version of an SDK that uses Visual Basic. It wasn't hard at all. (and I am NOT a professional programmer...)

·
Registered
721 Posts
I have a Clie, (although if my work didn't use Sony cameras, I wouldn't have gotten a Sony PDA) which uses PalmOS. I use it pretty frequently. I track MPG and services/modifications for the rex, plus it's the only way I'd remember things I have to do at work.

Documents to Go is a pretty kick-ass app, it covers the basics.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I have an HP iPAQ 2215 and I use it for everything! It has helped me out in getting organized and maintaining good work habits as a new teacher - it's almost as fast as a labtop, but smaller. I even have wireless internet on it. I have written grad school papers on the damn thing, put slideshows on it for work, put pics of my rex on it (most important of course), and done a whole lot of other stuff - I'd def be lost without it and its a lot of fun to have as a cool toy too hahaha - get one if you really think you'll use it. - Dan - OH yeah I even got a fold-out 3/4 size keyboard for mine - it travels everywhere...oh and they are gonna be making tuning software for the iPAQ soon so you won't have to guy a labtop for your car either :)

·
Registered
717 Posts
I have one, but I rarely use it....its handy and has nice features but it is a pain to enter daily to do's which is what I really need it for. Too bad it doesn't have voice recognition....

That being said though I have co-workers who live by theirs. They have everything from the wireless internet set up to GPS units. I guess I have been to lazy to put the effort into using it correctly.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have a Palm Zire 71 that I use extensively, especially when travelling on business. I keep all my contact info, date book, "thoughts", and general notes on there. It has a built-in camera but I haven't really used it yet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts