Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
This is the very reason I *didn't* buy a WRX from Shortline. ;)

·
Registered
393 Posts
I feel your pain. I also purchased my rex for Shortline. I even bought mine off the truck and told them that I didn't want their badge! After all the paperwork was done, we went to the car and there it was! I almost walked. If I didn't want the car so bad, I would have. If I would have known about Heuberger or FlatIrons, I would have bought mine from them.

Todd

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I called up 1800SUBARU3 and told them I was worried about my rust-perf warranty. They made Shortline remove the badge and put new rivets in. I'm still not happy about it though...:mad:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
djrez4 said:
I called up 1800SUBARU3 and told them I was worried about my rust-perf warranty. They made Shortline remove the badge and put new rivets in. I'm still not happy about it though...:mad:
Yeah, I hear ya man. I just cant belive that ANY dealer would drill through the factory paint to put some dumb ass badge on. For now, this is the best I could come up with. Didnt fell like shelling out a few hundered on a brand new car to get the holes filled, and the trunk repainted.

I got my ONE free oil-change in the mail from Shortline. When I go in, Im going to get my free oil change, hand them their badge back in 2 pieces - 1 less badge to destroy a Subbie, and that is the last they will see of me.

I work in Boulder, so I will be getting all further work done at Flatirons.

:)

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
BWD said:
I work in Boulder, so I will be getting all further work done at Flatirons.

Good call!! :D

Too bad I live in the Springs now. I'm scared of Heuberger :(

·
Registered
444 Posts
So lucky I didn't buy at Sh!tline! :) I didn't even know about the badge holes until later. They tried to sell me a car that had been driven for 500 miles and owned for a month as new! :mad: I ran!

·
Registered
697 Posts
I went thru an auto broker when I got my car. Told them all the stuff I wanted, color, options, etc.

They found it. I went to pick it up from their office, notice a stupid painted on yellow pinstripe and a shortline badge. :mad:

But I was so excited about it didn't affect me too much til after a few weeks later.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
wrxnate said:
colorado state law says they have to remove the badge on owner request.......

FYI

I tried that.....didn't work. Where is this law? I want my rivet holes gone :mad:

·
Registered
745 Posts
Jon Eric at Flatirons told me about it, give him a call....all I have is hearsay......needless to say I had no badge on my Flatirons car :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, I had heard things about getting SOA involved, and pretty much nothing went anywhere.

The car had it's first wash this weekend after the surgery, and everything looks good from what I can tell. No leaks in the trunk, and the Impreza badge seems to be holding up well.

L8r, Ben.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts