ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
It looks awesome but for $70 I would pass and put that money to another mod.

Also, they only seem to do Impreza models from 07-09. (Not sure if 09 has the similar antenna to the 10 11 and 12's. )

But still looks good :D

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
meh, for that price I'd just get the perrin shorty for $25

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
I feel that my antenna is generally useless. AM/FM reception is terrible.

Notice a change in reception? I'd guess the stock AM/FM reception is due to a poor quality connector at the back of the head unit, as well as poor quality wire routing up to the antenna.

Just one of those things I haven't bothered to mess with personally. Changes the look a lot more than expected I am sure.

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
Sharkcar!

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
I didn't even notice it actually is called a Sharkfin haha.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
So after installing it early this morning and driving into work I noticed ZERO difference in radio reception. I never listen to the radio though, so it was more of a cosmetic mod. For the price..70$ isn't a lot of money and to me personally the stock antenna looks like something that was more of an after thought. If you think 70$ is a waste wait til ya see the custom Ti shift knob Chris is crafting for me at WC Lathe Werks..over 3x's the cost of the sharkfin. It's all a matter of what you like and don't like. Some people mod their cars totally different than what I would do, but that's what makes us individuals. As for the fitment, they WILL fit a 2012 perfectly, but just to be sure O sent them some pics w/ measurements. The fin looks really sweet imo. Here are a few pics that I sent them so in case some of you are curious you can see if your antenna is the same as mine. IMG_0300.jpg IMG_0299.jpg
meh, for that price I'd just get the perrin shorty for $25
..that would just be like paying 25$ to look at the same ugly ass antenna, nty.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts