Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm selling 2002 WRX sport wagon, 117536 miles, beautiful and in excellent condition.

I'm in no big hurry to sell it, so I am starting off with $14,000 firm...I'm not haggling it down, I will only consider offers 14k and up. I know it's worth more than that to me, so I'm quite sure it is worth at least that much to somebody else. I'm happy to answer any questions. Ran a carfax and posted it here. Any problems viewing it, I have saved the document.
CARFAX Vehicle History Report on JF1GG29652G812682

Bare in mind that I am only the second owner, the car title has switched between my mother and I and that is why it appears to have 4 owners. I am the only one who has driven it in the time that I have owned it.

Please only serious inquiries. I'm very busy. I will be happy to answer any more questions, provide any more information...especially if you are out of town. I have no reason to be dishonest. I have kept this car and maintained it, I have all the records etc.
I am posting it here because I wanted to give serious enthusiasts time to check it out before I put it up for sale publicly. I'm not going to ebay it. Again, obviously I am not desperate to sell it. I'm not going to haggle or negotiate anything under what I am asking for it. I will answer questions truthfully but do not expect for me to sit and argue with you about it. The only alterations the the photographs are the stupid images that I pasted in to cover my personal info.
I have a whole crapload of more photos of everything on that car and video w/audio as well.

About the car:
It has currently 117536 miles on it and is now off the road under a carport, as I have bought a new car. It has never been raced, timed, street raced or abused in any way. It purrs and I have personally only put around 80k miles on it since 2004. Virtually all of that was highway. I just went and had a full lube job done to it and a diagnostic run and basic inspection. I have the signed document saying that the mechanic (there were three actually) claims that it is in great shape.

I am the second owner, the title is clean the car has been professionally maintained. I have virtually every single legal document, registration document, service record, repair record, receipts...including the original documents from when I purchased it in 2004. I also have all the records from the first owner that came with the car.

Body is in almost perfect condition...a few tiny scratches that might come out just with buffing, there is a minor dent with a couple of scratches on the rear passenger side. I did that a few years ago in reverse in the middle of the night against a friends car. It didn't bother me too much, is almost not noticeable, and should pop out with suction. The paint is not scraped off.
The interior is in good shape. A couple of tiny cigarette burns in the ceiling maybe...needs a shampoo, but you will see that even with just a cursory vacuum it still looks fine. I have no floor mats so the floorboard is roughed up, course you can just get floor mats.
There is some aftermarket stuff on it, nothing actually done to the engine for insurance reasons.
HKS turbotimer, greddy type s bov, aftermarket gauges...air/fuel was never connected. Boost gauge works, but is a piece of crap. I went ahead and bought the matching boost gauge to the airfuel gauge but it's still in the box in the car. If you don't want it, I can return it. I also still have the stock original bov as well that will go with the car.

All of the wiring for the gauges (aside the turbotimer) is loose under the dash (not in the way) because I never finished it completely. The turbotimer is hardwired in and calibrated...obviously can be re-calibrated. I still have the install instructions and the schematic for it. I'm not taking it out.

I put on a muffler...had intended to put in a whole new exhaust but ran out of time/money/motivation. It's got aftermarket wheels, and I lowered it. It was supposed to drop 2in, ended up closer to three/four.

car has new tires, 1-6 months old, no rust, no ticks, no oil leaks, no transmission problems, new clutch, timing belt was replaced....actually just about everything has been maintained and fixed over time. It has been in two front end wrecks since I have had it, airbag never was deployed...mostly body damage insurance covered the full repair.

It had been wrecked by the original owner according to carfax, but the damage was reported as minor...though I am not exactly sure what happened. It is currently registered to Alabama, however I am in Atlanta, GA with it. I bought it in NJ when I lived in DC. At that time, it passed all emissions.

Known problems:
The air conditioner does not blow cold. It needs a recharge, might have small leak as I've recharged it once years ago. Blower/compressor work fine to my knowledge. When it started to go out, the check engine light came on. It has gone off and on since...I had the guy run it....he came back and said he thought it was the O2 sensor. I am almost positive that is not the because as the o2 sensor was replaced once since I've had it. Also when he attempted to disable the o2 sensor connection to the check engine light to see, it did not work. Pretty sure it is the AC. It's been on for a few months...never had any issue resulting from the check engine light being on. Heater is fine. The lighter is gone but the outlet works and there is a plug for it. The speakers are factory, a little blown..but still sounds unless you have heavy bass loudly through them. windshield squirters never have worked, even when I bought it.
There is one minor leak around trans case, had mechanic show me himself. Cheap fix if you do it yourself, not a big deal anyway. It will expensive to shop fix though.

Actually I have never had any real problem with the car at all, aside from flats. The repairs may seem extensive, but for the most part they were unnecessary...I didn't handle them financially and rarely were they run by me. For instance the clutch was replaced and it was fine.

I have photographed everything...there is a public file linked here and a much larger file of pictures and video with audio for anyone who is serious that I can send. I can take more photos and video too.

About videos:
One video taken by myself is from a cold start, monitor dash recording, walk around to engine, throttle cables pulled, around the car...exhaust, back inside, ignition off, turbotimer cooldown and engine kill. The audio for that one is not good at the engine because it was loud...it came though sounding whiny) just digital camera. I might also be cursing the weather in there too...forgive me.

second video is third person...me car starting reversing up the drive (my other car is in the way and i was getting too cold to keep fooling around out there) and then driving back and, parking and switching off the engine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know your not in a hurry to sell, but for that asking price your gonna need to stop driving it and sit on it for about 15 years, then maybe when it can be considered a collectible? it'll sell. Any 02 with over 100,000 on it is going between 7-9.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Nooooo way you'll get 14k for a bugeye. Don't get me wrong, I love mine but for a few hundred extra you could buy a STi. No rims, no jdm,no custom paint cheap gauges... Good luck

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:(

Sorry guys, I know this is the be-all-end-all of WRX knowledge, and I appreciate the insults to my intelligence. I will adjust my price accordingly, because I just don't know what I am talking about. I don't wanna sit for 12 years on my car....

Oh, durn nevermind. It's already sold for 14k...I mean I did have to take this purring 400+hp POS as a partial trade:

You guru's have any more helpful hints?

You see my dears, I'm the little engine that *could* and more importantly *did* Learn from it. :cool:

·
Registered
319 Posts
First of all, if you found some idiot to give you 14,000 worth of anything for this car, congratulations. Something is only worth as much as someone will pay for it. You obviously found someone.

However when a guy of at least average wrx knowledge reads what I have highlighted below, it will make him cringe and all he will see is red flags.
It has currently 117536 miles on it
Thats a lot of miles....

under a carport,
Thats not saying much

A couple of tiny cigarette burns in the ceiling maybe
What you dont know? Like maybe its Sunday right now?

I have no floor mats so the floorboard is roughed up

HKS turbotimer, greddy type s bov, aftermarket
gauges...air/fuel was never connected. Boost gauge works, but is a piece of crap.
Shows me you know diddly squat about subarus. Your first two mods are completely unnecessary

All of the wiring for the gauges (aside the turbotimer) is loose under the dash (not in the way) because I never finished it completely.
half assed job ftw!

It was supposed to drop 2in, ended up closer to three/four.
again...you didnt know what you were doing

It has been in two front end wrecks since I have had it

It had been wrecked by the original owner according to carfax though I am not exactly sure what happened.
This car has been in three wrecks? Holy Crapoli!

The air conditioner does not blow cold. It needs a recharge, might have small leak as I've recharged it once years ago.
noted

the check engine light came on. It has gone off and on since...I had the guy run it....he came back and said he thought it was the O2 sensor. I am almost positive that is not the because as the o2 sensor was replaced once since I've had it.
again....you dont know what your doing

It's been on for a few months...never had any issue resulting from the check engine light being on.
Because leaving a check engine light on is always a good way to know if other problems pop up

The speakers are factory, a little blown
So they sound like crap?

windshield squirters never have worked
the little things man....

There is one minor leak around trans case. It will expensive to shop fix though.
I give you props for your honesty.
No one here will "LEARN" a thing from this, except for there is a sucker born every minute who will buy something for more than its worth if you talk to him right.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm going to call :bs: on you.

First of all I'm a woman. Second of all, I do happen to know what day it is. And finally, it's a pretty sorry tactic to misquote and take everything I said out of context, even omitting words from my "quotes" to bolster your 0 experience with my car opinion.

I have owned 4 (one tt) rx7s, 2 turbocharged 300zx, fiero gt fastback, a sylvia and have been through enough swaps and drag cars, to have a little bit of a clue. And by the way, my WRX was my granny-mobile.

Did I ever claim it was low mileage? No

It is currently under a carport. I've lived in Atlanta for 6 months. Maybe it was garaged up your ass for the last 5 years, like your whole torso appears to be at this moment.

I absolutely know my aftermarkets were not necessary. wtf aftermarkets are necessary? Do they make WRX's without doors? If so, I missed that memo. And furthermore it seems as if you don't know anything about insurance and engine mods.

I did not finish wiring the gauges because I did not want to run any more taps and I didn't NEED the gauge I left unhooked. Same applies to the exhaust. I've got the whole thing sitting in storage. I decided *not* to rip it out because I simply did not want to dump more money/time into what I considered to be a pretty boring car.I did wire the boost gauge just fine, thanks..and I did hardwire in the turbotimer. So no, I am not exactly retarded.

I suppose working as a biomedical engineer just started hogging my free time I could have spent picking at my zits and trolling a Subaru forum and insulting a woman who came here first out of loyalty to her fellow WRX owners.

It dropped lower yes, however I had not taken into account the aftermarket wheels, and the thinner tires that have to go on them. Whoops. My heavy ass car dropped a little lower then the *estimate*, guess I got a little lucky and saved some money.

The car has been in two front end wrecks since I have had it. Both were moderate. One I was not driving, the second I hit a woman who ran a red light. Both times the car was factory repaired and repainted. Try extracting your head out of your ass for a second and consider why that might be a *good thing* on a high mileage tuner car. And thank you again for not-so-cleverly misquoting me. I said that the damage was reported as MINOR from the first owner.

The check engine light? I don't think that particular mechanic knew what he was doing when he ran the diagnostic. I already explained why. Again, because you obviously can't read at an adult level, I said that it goes on and off, but has been doing so for a few months.

My speakers were slightly blown (driver side I think it was) sounded great unless you listen to cRap so loud that you will get popped for noise pollution. (your putting spin on my words)

And in summary, this guy is not a sucker. He's clearly more intelligent then you because he actually looked at the car before making assumptions.
Did it occur to you that perhaps he only has two seaters, is in the military and wanted something big enough to carry his equipment?
Also did it cross your mind that everybody who has physically seen the car said it was hella worth it?

How old are you anyway? Like 18? You might know your way around an engine, but you clearly don't understand a damn thing about the rationale behind buying a car.

Do you really think anybody is stupid enough to take your purposefully misquoted attack on my WRX and my intelligence over the respectable and experienced opinions of over countless people who have actually physically inspected/driven my car...not including the guy who traded me.

I mean...he did all that work himself on his 240sx, so I guess he must be a poor sucker who knows nothing about cars either. I guess it was just dumb luck that we were both too retarded to realize how bad we both got ripped off. Maybe we should have consulted you before we both made such a grievously poor decision.

You are exactly the kind of jerk that makes me hate having to deal with selling a car. All you have done is misquote me...even carefully editing out words, taken everything I have said out of context, and provided absolutely ZERO useful insight or information to support your conclusion that was loosely based on what I had said. All you have done is attempt to discredit me, and very poorly at that. I've read other people's posts about selling their cars. I provided a lot more information then most people do, almost to the point of redundancy. Clearly I had nothing to hide or lie about.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.