Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not so sure about this.
Checked if there's any rule against this, but saw nothing. So I hope I'm not breaking any! If so, the nearest mod may feel free to mug me and take the keys to my WRX!

I'm working on a Connecticut WRX Club. Just mainly for CT owners, and I'm trying to get word around. Basic forums, links, places to buy parts and accessories, and I do want to keep postings of autox and rally events in CT only. So, that's my agenda on the CT specific site.
Yesterday to launch the first word on the site, I left cards at a few known WRXs that are in the Meriden area.
It's hard enough to find people to leave card for.

The link is www.geocities.com/ctwrx

By far, I have no intention on stealing people from here!

Again, if I'm breaking some rule by posting this, I'm sorry! I did look to find one and didn't see any such rule. I know it's in bad taste though! But hey! I do have a link up on the site for ClubWRX.net!

Thanks!

~ Dan (Zapix)

·
980 Posts
BlackWRX and I are both near danbury, although i live full time in NJ, im frequently in CT on the weekends.

-c

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well aware of the i-club. Like these parts of the forum, it's one area of a much larger group. Plus I know somebody around the boards posted something along the lines of clubwrx being more 'newbie friendly' and that people on i-club are a bit... Know it all, loonies who think their WRX can predict the future?
I don't know from experience, but I know I've not heard the best.
Usually something small and contained on it's own is better than something huge and well spread. Heh, this shows in the business world and all over. Just a belief in my personal way of life. That's why I'm setting this up.

Anyway, I'm hoping I can get this around fast enough to make it worth it. Planning on posting an ad here and there around town (Meriden is where I live). Possible Schaller Subaru will help me out, but I'm not going to head to them for a few weeks. Trying to avoid them like the plague at the moment! ;)

~ Dan (Zapix)

PS: Fengshui, yeah! Even being around the weekends is cool! Not full time as you said, but hey! Heck, people from all over are welcome, but I'm mainly trying to organize a Connecticut base of users, with no intention to spread beyond that.

·
333 Posts
The CT I-Club is trying to do their own thing. Not necessarily repping the I-Club. ;) It was just a suggestion that there's another group out there is all.

No harm intended. :cool:

--kC

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's cool. Sorry if I sounded more agressive than intended. I personally have nothing against the i-club, as I directly have no relation to them, even as a user.
When I did a search on a few sites for a Connecticut specific club, I found no such thing.
A number of drivers around here seem to go crazy when they run into another driver. I ran into a blue wagon yesterday. The guy was flashing his lights, honking and waving at me. I was waving back, but not going out of my way to scream out "HI! LOOK AT ME! I DRIVE A BLUE SEDAN WITH A 22B WING!".
Anyway, I figure since this kind of thing is something I've done over the years (starting up clubs) so why not try this. I have a feeling it will be more for younger people (20 to 25).
I suppose though that I could place a link to the CT-iClub on my site. After all, I'm trying to connect drivers together! :)

I still have yet to see how well this goes! Only got this up and running as of Monday evening! So, I'll give it some time! :)

~ Dan (Zapix)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.