Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was trying to rewire the fog lights so they would run whenever there was power to the parking lights (ie. parking only, low beams, and high beams). I spliced into the parking light power source on the back of the fuse box and terminated the other end into the power source on the fog light relay.

Sometime during this process, I lost all power to my parking lights. I've checked the fuses, rewired everything back to normal, and still I get no power to the parking lights. This includes turning them on with the switch on top of the steering column and arming my alarm.

Do the parking lights have a relay that I'm not seeing? Could i have blown something else? I'm totally lost here....

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok...all fixed....the "lighting switch" fuse was blown.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah tcc....i saw that you had a similar post on i-club. i missed the blown fuse on my first once-over

·
Banned
1,780 Posts
So is there a good "how to" anywhere on making this setup work? Anyone?

·
Banned
1,780 Posts
I actually saw that on there, but it looks like he's doing it on a GC8- does this mod actually work on both old and new models of Impreza?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Please make this a sticky.

Would a moderator please make this a "sticky" somewhere. Also a link to the DRL mod.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
how would i go about doing this if i want to be able to control my fogs with the fog button, but have them work whenever, even if no parking/ low beams are on?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Mine are set up so when I switch from low beams to high beams the low beams stay on and if I switch the fogs on the low beams and high beams stay on as well. I changed the stock fogs for some Hellas and changed my high beam bulbs and low beams to higher end units. It was done at the shop I go to and took about 20 minutes.

·
Registered
211 Posts
canlogic said:
Mine are set up so when I switch from low beams to high beams the low beams stay on and if I switch the fogs on the low beams and high beams stay on as well. I changed the stock fogs for some Hellas and changed my high beam bulbs and low beams to higher end units. It was done at the shop I go to and took about 20 minutes.
That is what I want, well put. I was under the impression that the stock wiring couldn't take the load? But I haven't really looked at it. That's alot of light, even before an upgrade in bulbs. Maybe I'll take a before/after pic if it's not been done.

·
Registered
444 Posts
thechickencow said:
http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=226

If you are talking about this one, yes, it works on our cars. WRX'es are under "New Age"
Can someone confirm if it works on 04/05s as well as bugeyes?

Whenever used to haul down from the mountains after skiing, there is this unlit area on I-70 where it curves sharply and made me skeered until I did the mod on my '02.

·
Registered
343 Posts
TOOFAST88 said:
how would i go about doing this if i want to be able to control my fogs with the fog button, but have them work whenever, even if no parking/ low beams are on?
You just need to get power to the fog light switch when the ignition key is in the "on" position. I think that this should work and I might try it myself:

Instead of splicing a new lead off of the orange wire (switched power by the parking light switch) on the pack of the fuse panel, splice the new lead to an ignition-switched wire on the back of the fuse panel. Then connect the new lead to the red-green wire to the fog light switch.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I did this mod almost 4 years ago, the day I got the car home from the dealership. glad to hear that you got it working.

·
Registered
9 Posts
there is a diy on nasioc.com under interior threads its a sticky and it explains step by step i did this and now i can run my fogs independantly ....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts