Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to upgrade my fog lights on 09 WRX premium and bought aftermarket lights that are glass. I can’t find where they show what epoxy they use. I have already tried baking them and the epoxy held strong. I am planning on using a heat gun to loosen it up. Does anyone else have experience ? I dremeled off the diffuser so I can install my LED’s as an upgrade. I just need to get the diffuser out of the reflector! I’m pretty deep into this project with replacement fogs, heat gun and LED’s.
c66c342b91ed14e20392205f82f1fcd2.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Epoxy? If it is a true two-part thermoset polymer then you can only grind/sand/carve it away. Heating will not help.
It does seem to be 2 part, any suggestions on a way to grind it off without destroying the glass? Maybe it would be cheaper to find different host for my LED’s. I haven’t found anything that will fit OEM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Water.....sometimes waves
1,612 Posts
I can't help with what will fit an 09. I do not know what they look like. I would tend to think as you said - finding a different host or mounting method for the LEDs is your best bet.

·
Super Moderator
11,709 Posts
You are probably going to have to saw the plastic off then soak the glass in something that's corrosive to the plastic to get it off

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.