Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am looking at getting a WRX as my daily driver so I don't need to drive the Raptor. I drive 3 hours each way to work over a couple of mountain passes.

I have not owned a WRX before but had a 2005 Legacy GT last winter and it was a beast in the snow. That car was a bit rough so looking to get sorted out here soon. But like every FNG on every forum ever created, I have some questions.

Is there a good place to purchase an aftermarket warranty? Instead of just buying whatever the dealer offers.

Planning on staying away from a 2005 or 2006 model. Will check service history, head gaskets, timing belt and water pump.

Looking forward to learning about these cars.

·
Little Homie
12,941 Posts
Head gaskets will not be an issue on any turbo Subaru available in the US. The issue that caused this false assumption was related to a head gasket design that was repaired 20+ years ago.

In general, buy the newest and least modified car you can. Full service history is really desirable. These cars are owned by a sect of the automotive "enthusiast" market that don't understand nor care to understand proper care and maintenance of the vehicle. When it comes to modifications they give even fewer shits about doing it correctly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts