Subaru WRX Forum banner

fmic with stock turbo?

2K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  NopWRX 
#1 ·
i have a friend who wants to put the turboxs fmic on his car with the stock turbo. is this a good idea or not?

#2 ·
It would be a waste. What other mods does he have?? If it's completely stock then there's no need for it. Especially without management...his money can be better spent on other parts that would yield him better performance results.

#4 ·
IIRC there was someone on here that had a stock turbo witha FMIC but he was tuned for it. He put down some pretty good numbers aas well. Try searching for it, it wa a couple months ago.

#5 ·
he is running stage 2. i thought it may over work the turbo..but i may be wrong. so with stage 2 it would make a difference?

#8 ·
justboosted02 said:
wouldnt the FMIC kill your spool up time with the stock snail?
no, it'd be about 150-200 rpm later, but nothing noticeable. I think an upside to a FMIC on a stock turbo is that it'll cool your intake temps down and make the car a "tad" bit more reliable since you're not blowing hot air into your engine. Otherwise, there are better mods for the dollar like everyone else said.

~Tim

#10 ·
I was the member that you were refering to. I installed the BLITZ FMIC and then went to Turbo XS and got tuned. I laid 250whp on the stock turbo. At the time I was a stage 3. I installed the FMIC early because I got a hell of a deal on it, and because I was looking at getting a different turbo. Otherwise I would of spent the money elsewhere. Now if he wants the attention factor of having a FMIC go for it. The comments are always funny from people whenever they see mine.

caelin~

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.