Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone mounted a FMIC and managed to keep their fog lights? I'm going to a FMIC soon, but I use my fogs A LOT. I want to keep them. Is this possible?

-Jim

·
Registered
424 Posts
I don't have one, but I havn't heard of anyone keeping them w/ a FMIC. One idea I had was to buy new, smaller fogs that would allow room for the piping and still fit in the factory holes. Only problem is how funny it would look it a WRX w/ aftermarket fogs...

-Jason-

·
Registered
145 Posts
Mrt will allow for them. Its just 1599, but it does come with an intake.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unfortunately, my sponsor in not an MRT dealer. It is a little costly too. Hmmm. Maybe I can custom pipe the Blitz and keep them.

-Jim

·
Registered
23 Posts
PlatinumWRX said:
[BI use my fogs A LOT
-Jim [/B]
Is it that foggy where you live or is it a looks thing?

boxman<------------doesn't really like see fog lights on unless it's foggy

·
980 Posts
Jim,
Just axe the fog lights and mount a HID light pod on the front of your hood. you know you want one.

-c

·
Thinking Man's Engine
1,598 Posts
his low beams are useless without his fogs one...even in clear nights, at least according to him.

Get some Hella Micro DE HID driving lights.

·
980 Posts
MRT makesreplacement lights that look almost exactly like the fogs but are much better supposedly. anyone know about these?

-c

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
pace said:
I'm too cheap to invest in some HIDs.

-Pace
TOO CHEAP!!! When you spend enough money on your car to make it a 12 second car, you're not too cheap by default;) Now me...I'm cheap...uh...more like broke:D

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
is2scooby said:
Since this has been floating around "the other board"
Not only their board, but ours too http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9324
Any specs on psi or hp gains and all that good stuff? Maybe when that comes out, I'll actually have enough money to buy one...and an intercooler...and an EBC...uh...and a unichip...and fuel injectors. Damn, it takes so much to upgrade your turbo.

·
Registered
147 Posts
nmyeti said:
I know of at least one other FMIC that is about to hit the market that will let you keep the fog lights.

See if you can find the "secret project" link on our home page.

-Nathan
www.turboxs.com
cutting wise? cutting is the major draw back for me to get a FMIC

·
2,210 Posts
WRXin' said:

TOO CHEAP!!! When you spend enough money on your car to make it a 12 second car, you're not too cheap by default;) Now me...I'm cheap...uh...more like broke:D
Ok.. I guess it would be more accurate to say that so much has been spent on engine performance modifications that there's nout left for nice ancilliary upgrades like HIDs... (or brakes, suspension, drivetrain, wheels, etc. etc.) :D

-Pace

1 - 20 of 34 Posts