Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wassup subie world!! I need some help on deciding what FMIC to go with. I’m currently deciding between ETS & COBB. What do y’all think? What’s the power gains?

·
Æternum
15,465 Posts
What car and what supporting mods?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
BooSTIng
2,253 Posts
Stay with the top mount intercooler. An upgraded top mount will be more beneficial than a front mount.

·
Æternum
15,465 Posts
I recommend you consult with your tuner as to their recommended next modifications.

·
Super Moderator
10,883 Posts
Depends on the tune, but it also adds lag as there is substantially more volume to pressurize so it may move the peak hp and torque to a less desirable point higher in the rpm range making it less likely you'll have it on tap.

·
Æternum
15,465 Posts
I recommend you consult with your tuner as to their recommended next modifications.

Hi!

This. Nothing else matters. No one here is going to be recalibrating your ECU.

Reactions: XJman

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just got my 2017 WRX tuned. The bottom line, the FMIC is good if you are want to have consistent power at around 4500 and over RPM (assuming you are going to keep the RPM at that level all the time). I might install one down the line but for now, I think I will keep it stock. Why? I'm not running hard on my car let alone racing, drag, drift, etc.... My goals were to have a nice fast, efficient and reliable Stage 2 car. BTW, if you do still gonna go with FMIC. My tuner recommended ETS first choice and Cobb as a second. He mentioned that ETS has a better pipe routing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts