ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm building my 12 sti aiming for 400 whp shop said i need a fmic opposed does it really matter what fmic I get I'm not really trying to spend 1500 for a perrin front mount is an off brand really any different then the perrin and does anyone know of any good fmic that are reasonable in price

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
I'm building my 12 sti aiming for 400 whp shop said i need a fmic opposed does it really matter what fmic I get I'm not really trying to spend 1500 for a perrin front mount is an off brand really any different then the perrin and does anyone know of any good fmic that are reasonable in price
In my personal opinion...the important part is fitment. As long as you don't buy an Ebay front mount, you'll be fine. There are Front Mounts that are cheaper than Perrin like TurboXS

Turbo XS 08+ WRX/STi Front Mount Intercooler [txs-WS08-FMIC] - $1,087.26 : Kronos Performance, Fueling the Car Lover Within

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
The performance of an intercooler depends on alot of variables. Pressure drop,heat exchange,core size/volume,intercooler pipe inner diameter,fitment,total volume........there is a reason some cost more than others. Buying a kit half the cost and realizing the core has a horrible pressure drop,the intercooler pipes are to big and the fiitment is horrible causes more headache than it's worth.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Please learn how to use periods..... :shakehead:

You should ask the shop what FMIC they recommend. You should also look into a good top mount like the Process West. Regardless of what type you choose, you need to get a quality one that's well-made and not some cheapo ebay piece of junk.

Have you read the "I want 400 whp" thread yet? Have you built any cars before? Had any in this HP/TQ range? What is the car going to be used for, daily driver, weekend toy, etc?

What braking and suspension mods are you planning to go along with the extra power?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts