ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question. What type of advance does a FMIC get on a 2002 wrx over a TMIC?

Seconds question. What do u guys think about greddy ssq bov, and whats some positive negatives of that.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
First off its always best to search before posting a new thread. Most of you questions will be answered that way.

We need more information in order to help you on the FMIC. What mods do you have?

As for the BOV you should never ever purchase a BOV. Reason being that they make your car run far too rich.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
2002scoobyrex said:
Quick question. What type of advance does a FMIC get on a 2002 wrx over a TMIC?
It will give a more aggressive appearance, but with the stock turbo, it'll create more turbo lag = worse performance.

For larger turbos, though, you'll need a FMIC.

2002scoobyrex said:
Seconds question. What do u guys think about greddy ssq bov, and whats some positive negatives of that.
BOV will cause your engine to run rich = worse performance

Aren't you glad you asked before you spent the $$? :p

·
Banned
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea i can still run from it. but how can i make sure its been beat on and all that ****. i can get the stock intercooler installed i fi want. i drove the car, everything seems fine. the alighment is off though, and im just curious to what kind of potential issues with the dif, or tranny the alighment could cause.

·
Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin
5,780 Posts
yea i can still run from it. but how can i make sure its been beat on and all that ****. i can get the stock intercooler installed i fi want. i drove the car, everything seems fine. the alighment is off though, and im just curious to what kind of potential issues with the dif, or tranny the alighment could cause.
the car has likely been abused, modded highly then put back to close to stock
to instal the FMIC this car is not worth as much money as they want for it, i promise you.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
SonicWagon said:
the car has likely been abused, modded highly then put back to close to stock
to instal the FMIC this car is not worth as much money as they want for it, i promise you.
+1

The person either didn't know what they were doing (by putting FMIC on stock turbo), or they modded it heavily and tried to put as much stock back on as they could.

Walk away.

If you want a modded WRX, buy one that's never been modified (there are numerous posts about things to look for), and do the mods yourself after researching the parts and making sure it's done right.

·
5,780 Posts
what do u think a reasonable price would be. i did carfax on it, everythings clean.
4k that will leave you enough room to replace the engine and transmission and get the car for about what it would be worth if it was stock

of course they wont go for it, so that is why we say to run.

·
Banned
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea i understand what ur saying.

the thing is i have a loan out for my car, so this works out well since were doing a trade. also ive known the guy for about ayear, and the shop is quiet popular. the car pulls hard, real hard. he said he has stock intercooler, my gues is that the fmic was done for appearence.

·
5,780 Posts
yea i understand what ur saying.

the thing is i have a loan out for my car, so this works out well since were doing a trade. also ive known the guy for about ayear, and the shop is quiet popular. the car pulls hard, real hard. he said he has stock intercooler, my gues is that the fmic was done for appearence.
Do whatever you want.

IF you need this car to get to work, i dont know how i can appeal your your sensibilities any more than i have...

·
Banned
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sonicwagon ur actually a big help, u seem to know a lot.

how can i check that the tranni and engine are good? driving it felt fine as i mentions so any suggestions?

·
5,780 Posts

how can i check that the tranni and engine are good? driving it felt fine as i mentions so any suggestions?
have the transmission and engine and diffential oils drained and checked by a lab for levels of metal i think

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
SonicWagon said:
Do whatever you want.
+1

We can't make the decision for you - we can only give you advice.

You don't want a car that has been beaten, just like you wouldn't want to marry an ex-hooker.

If you're alright with it, go for it. I, along with many other people on here, would advise against this purchase, but do what you like. If you want a modified WRX, then buy one that hasn't been modified, and do all mods yourself (that way, you can research the parts, and make sure that you mod it with good parts, and do so in a way that will only benefit your car instead of harm it).

·
Banned
0 Posts

Buy one from a person who has always been content with there stock subaru. They are out there.

·
Banned
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i see. so lets say that the fmic and bov were there for appearence and he actually didnt mod the car anymore and it wasnt beaten on as bad.

then would it be a decent deal ?

·
Banned
0 Posts
i see. so lets say that the fmic and bov were there for appearence and he actually didnt mod the car anymore and it wasnt beaten on as bad.

Bov = Dumb ass who beats on car. It is the easiest of all moronic things to spot when buying a scooby. :)

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
2002scoobyrex said:

The BOV causes your engine to run rich, which isn't really good for it.

In short, no.

Buy an unmodified car and if you're not content with it, modify it yourself. You'll get the same advice from nearly every member on here.

·
Banned
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
icic. lol well i clearly see that its a bad idea, but im just further investigating it. from wha ti thoguht was that the bov only made the car run a little rich, didnt realize it was to the point where it slowes and damages the car.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts