Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just traded in my lease-expired 2015 wrx for 2017 and notice a persistent problem of volume cycling between too loud and too soft. Every 10-15 seconds the volume goes up for about 5 seconds and then fades to a much lower level. Seems to happen on XM, FM, and AM. Mentioned it to dealer but they oblivious to the issue... Any advice??

Dave

·
For External Use Only
2,488 Posts
Is it a fluctuation between HD radio and Normal radio?

Is your speed volume set too high?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is HD independent. Happen on XM. Also with car parked. My 2015 never exhibited such an issue. It is a bit annoying; makes me constantly adjust volume...

·
Premium Member
6,716 Posts
Mentioned it to dealer but they oblivious to the issue... Any advice??

Then they should probably start by replacing the radio and see if the problem persists. If they refuse to honor the warranty I would email SOA about it and take the car to a different dealership. I have had a few different dealership service departments go above and beyond to keep me happy when they had no obligation to do so.. I suspect another dealership will take your issue more seriously.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They had me pull into the bay with the shop foreman and listen but the signal wasn't great with XM indoors. I've been listening to XM with my 2015 WRX for three years and with my previous Subaru for 8 and I know what it's supposed to sound like but the dealers tend to 'poo poo' you. Going to have to go back there and take him for a ride and see if he is more responsive. Only had this car for a month but the it drives me nuts...

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have this problem, too. 2017 Premium. Not as bad as the OP, though. The volume number doesn't change, but the actual sound volume does. It's pretty random in mine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have you spoken to the dealer and gotten any support? It could be described as random here too but it's happening all the time. Really notice is a lot when the windows are open and you have outside sound to compete with. Then its real obvious when it drops out and you cant hear crap for a little bit...

·
Registered
247 Posts
I have a similar issue in mine, 2017 premium without the HK. Same volume number but sometimes it's blaring loud. Mine only changes between start-ups. My XM is also much quieter than any other source. I feel it should be a documented issue

1 - 8 of 8 Posts