ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am noticing when my car is boosting especially in 4-5 gear boost goes up to a maximum of .09 Mpa and then drops to .05-.06 Mpa and back up to .09Mpa. It goes through this vicious cycle 4-6 times and eventually levels out and stays at .08-.09Mpa. During the whole time I can feel the cars power reacting to this condition. My only engine mods are uppipe, DP, catback and samco intercooler hoses. I can’t seem to find any leaks in any of the hoses. This is making me very nervous. I am hoping it is a simple problem. The only thing I can remember doing recently was tightening the wastegate arm two full turns. (Can this be the cause)? Anyone ever experience this? I know there is a thread about it but that was more about “lumpy” boost. What’s happening to me is way more than lumpy.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
26,609 Posts
F1-racer said:
I am noticing when my car is boosting especially in 4-5 gear boost goes up to a maximum of .09 Mpa and then drops to .05-.06 Mpa and back up to .09Mpa. It goes through this vicious cycle 4-6 times and eventually levels out and stays at .08-.09Mpa. During the whole time I can feel the cars power reacting to this condition. My only engine mods are uppipe, DP, catback and samco intercooler hoses. I can’t seem to find any leaks in any of the hoses. This is making me very nervous. I am hoping it is a simple problem. The only thing I can remember doing recently was tightening the wastegate arm two full turns. (Can this be the cause)? Anyone ever experience this? I know there is a thread about it but that was more about “lumpy” boost. What’s happening to me is way more than lumpy.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
You answered your own question. Return the wastegate arm to it's original position + ecu reset, and see what it does.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I made the adjustment. It seemed to fix the problem. Still bouncing in 5th but 4th is much better. I will need to drive it some more to see if 5th will level out. The reason for adjusting it in the first place was to try and get a little more boost.
Thanks for the help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts