Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to run ethanol, however, I'm not sure if it's the best idea because I just have the stock block, magnaflow catback, cobb catted downpipe(3"), cobb sf intake, and deatschwerks fuel pump. The only thing that I need in order to run ethanol that i'm aware of is new injectors. Thoughts, concerns?

·
Æternum
15,860 Posts
Injectors, engine management and ethanol compatible fuel lines. I would STRONGLY suggest an ECA.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
engine management and eca? I'm aware of the lines, not familiar with those two however.

·
Æternum
15,860 Posts
engine management and eca? I'm aware of the lines, not familiar with those two however.
Get familiar. You already run a Cobb accessport, so you have engine management covered.

ECA = Ethanol Content Analyzer

E85 is rarely 85% ethanol. The actual ethanol content varies from 50% to 95% which means that fueling and timing need to be optimized for a wide range of ethanol %. Flex fuel employs an ECA and automatically interpolates between maps for various ethanol content. If you are cheap/lazy, you will still need an ECA to ensure that the ethanol % is within acceptable range to run on your ECU's state of tune.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts