ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soon I'll be receiving my 2012 WRX WRB Sedan and I've obviously already been making tons of plans for it, one being plasti dipping my stock wheels. The question is though, should I go flat black or glossy? I was also going to paint the bottom part of the hood scoop to match possibly. What do you guys think? Anyone have any pics of WRB with painted stock wheels?
Thanks

·
Registered
262 Posts
I would do flat . Make sure you put a good amount on so it is easy to remove. The more the better

·
Cheeky Bastage!
2,730 Posts
I am planning on plasti-dipping my scoop insert as well, ill post when I get it. Also if you search on google images for cars, you could prob find one winter painted stock wheels (also you could put a request on here for someone to photoshop a picture, just say please lol).

I found a pic of a wrb 08 with the stock wheels painted gold...I liked it.

·
Super Moderator
33,822 Posts
Glossy. Will be easier to keep clean.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I think I've been learning more towards a gloss finish. I think it would look especially good on the scoop on WRB. I was thinking about also painting the "WRX" in those side panels blue. Lol, going to be taking a few pieces off the car for RA mudflaps and front badge removal, so I might as well do everything at once.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, I'm really leaning towards the gloss, and I was thinking about painting that small part on the bottom of the hood scoop to match, we'll see though. I just wanted to decide because I'll be doing this and my RA mudflaps at the same time, might as well not take the wheels off twice.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Glossy, and don't do the hood scoop...that looks so horrible. I can't wait to see your new ride, I know you've been waiting patiently for it. Do you have VIN or arrival date yet?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The hood scoop will be really simple and worse comes to worse and I don't like it, I can peel it right off.

I have a VIN, the arrival date is the first week of July, but the dealer said it's usually early so I might get it at the end of June. I thought I'd have more of an exact date, but whatever. I just find it odd that I can track something I get from China at every single stop it makes and they can tell me an ETA within two days, and yet Subaru can't give me an ETA when it's in the country on a truck somewhere....

·
Registered
154 Posts
The hood scoop will be really simple and worse comes to worse and I don't like it, I can peel it right off.
True, but I've seen what can happen to peeps that drink the Plasti Dipp Kool Aid.....sometimes they can get a little carried away with that stuff. I love WRB's with white wheels, pretty tight looking.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No worries here with the plasti dip, I want a nice clean look for the car, thought the scoop would add a nice little touch. I have seen it with white, but that's a little too loud for me. I have found a couple rims that I liked.

View attachment 106077
View attachment 106076

I'm not getting wheels anytime soon, but thought these would look nice. I like the top one better. Might just go with something else that doesn't have the blue though...

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
^^^^^ Do you have a black trim on the older wrx's? I know the 2011/12's have that hideous chrome trim... :( But, you should try, back to black, my buddy just used it on his '03 SRT-4 and it's like new again.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts