ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who actually uses this feature? I've read various threads over on nasioc about it and some people claim its easier on the transmission and others claim never to use it. Anyone have any solid valid facts on Flat Foot shifting? I'm not looking for opinions just real factual answers from the experience guys around here...

Also, how is it different then rev matching when you downshift, other then the fact that this isn't used when downshifting...lol.

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
I havent set mine up, im a little worried about using it, i heard it cuts fuel to keep it at the rpm and can be bad for the cars, not 100% on that but just dont know anyone who uses it

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I set mine up to 4,800RPMs and it seems to work great... Probably less of a shock than when shifting and not exactly matching the RPMs. At 4,800 RPMs when shifting from 1st to second I am only 200 RPMs higher than the shift point, when shifting from 2nd to 3rd I am pretty well exactly at the rev shift point and when shifting from 3rd to 4th I am about 200 RPMs below the shift point... Thus if you set the rev point to the right limit FFS should/could actually be safer, now if you set it higher... Then you are increasing the shock-load and thus the risk of something breaking... :eek:

·
Registered
902 Posts
I have mine set at 6000rpm's and it honestly feels smoother and easier on the tranny than not using it. Not something I do often but it's a nice feature.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wonder if you could figure out what RPM to set it at by doing some data logs with the AP and only logging boost and rpm....then you would see how far your rpms drop when you shift.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts