ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have flashing check engine light most mornings going to work the throttle seams to stutter and shakes...seams to stop after my car is warmed up properly... I’ve changes possible problems such as spark plugs and coil packs and still no soulution... plzzz send help

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
28,281 Posts
Post the CEL codes.

·
28,281 Posts
The check engine light (CEL) is flashing because there is a fault. This fault is stored by the computer and its identity can be retrieved in the form of a code for troubleshooting purposes. You can connect a code reader to the car to retrieve the code(s).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can get the codes after work ... I also woke up to a solid check engine loss of traction control and flashing cruse... I know that the solid light is a misfire is cylinder 1 becuse that was a problem before that I changed coil pack and spark plug but I guess it came back a month later but I will definitely check for codes after work

·
28,281 Posts
If you post the codes also post the model of car.

·
Super Modulator
19,258 Posts
The flashing CEL on a Subaru often indicates a gross misfire. It may or may not store a code.

Typically a misfire this severe is indicative of a fueling problem, or (rarely) a spark problem that affects more than one consecutive cylinder in the firing order. It is unlikely that two coilpacks would go bad simultaneously. I would suspect a fueling issue. Check fuel pressure before the injectors, look for FPR problems (the FPR is slaved against manifold pressure, so make sure that the vac line is connected and sound). This will tell you a lot. Is the car unmodified?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry for not replying broke phone and just got new one... my car engine is bone stock except a hks blowoff valve and the code that poped up was p0301 cylinder 1 misfire... that code has come up before and went away for about a month after I changed coil pack and spark plug

·
Super Modulator
19,258 Posts
Remove and replace the BOV with the OEM piece. They often leak and cause a lean condition at low loads. That may be what is causing your misfire. Also it serves no purpose .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i Just recently put on the blow off valve... i had the code before I put it on ... I’ll try switching it back and see if that fixes anything

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
3 Participants
Lopez433
ClubWRX Forum
We invite you to join our Subaru Impreza WRX and STi community to discuss engine mods, builds, detailing, and more.
Full Forum Listing