Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2018 WRX Stage 2+
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Just yesterday I flashed the ECU over to COBB's Stage 1 OTS 91 Map. So far the feel of the car has improved tremendously. Granted I'm extremely new to tuning, however, I'm very rarely getting a high than normal feedback knock as low as -4.22. This doesn't happen constantly, only for a split second and I can't reproduce it. 99% of the time FBK is at 0.0. Fine Knock Learn has never gone under -1.41. I've attached the datalogs hoping someone else could take a look at them to see if I'm just being paranoid or if it really is knocking and I should make some adjustments or just revert back to the stock tune.

First data log was my roughly 1 hour long commute to work. Second is from 20 minutes of driving around at lunch today.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ioO4qyuZPdNlh5W5mQI4Ct39SzxRb7L0/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mzHMUeVADLkyiwv863pIQQyBguun01fq/view?usp=sharing

Thanks guys and appreciate the help!

·
BooSTIng
2,253 Posts
What year make/model? If it is a newer wrx, is it a 6 speed manual or CVT. These logs are way to long and will take forever to look through. Your logs should be short, may take many times before you capture the knock event, but trying to sort through those logs is impossible. Logs should be 1 minute or less.

From the little I did look through, I noticed that your DAM had dropped to .75. DAM should always stay at 1. This is more concerning than the feedback knock. Also, the reason I am questioning your transmission is because in the logs it is showing 0 in your gear column.

·
Registered
2018 WRX Stage 2+
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What year make/model? If it is a newer wrx, is it a 6 speed manual or CVT. These logs are way to long and will take forever to look through. Your logs should be short, may take many times before you capture the knock event, but trying to sort through those logs is impossible. Logs should be 1 minute or less.

From the little I did look through, I noticed that your DAM had dropped to .75. DAM should always stay at 1. This is more concerning than the feedback knock. Also, the reason I am questioning your transmission is because in the logs it is showing 0 in your gear column.
Yeah I realized I should have put more info in hindsight. It's a 2018 WRX Premium MT. The DAM only dropped when I first flashed the new map. Within 15 minutes it was back up to 1 and hasn't dropped since. I believe it shows 0 for the gear column in the beginning since I was in neutral for a few minutes after starting logging.

To address the log length, are there some settings in the accessport to truncate the logs when bringing it over from the manager, or do you mean overall logging in shorter time intervals?

And I appreciate the feedback. Totally new to tuning but I'm trying to read everything I can to educate myself and wrap my head around it.

·
BooSTIng
2,253 Posts
Oh okay, like I said the logs are way to long. And yeah the actual amount of time you are logging is WAY to long. No one wants to read and analyze a log that was done for an hour, or for 20 minutes. Take your logs down to <1 minute. Do your best to replicate the knock event and be logging during that time frame. This may take several tries to actually catch the knock event.

For an example, when I am doing a log for my tuner, I log a 3rd gear pull from 2k rpms to reline. Which is only several seconds. If I am chasing a knock event I will log multiple times trying to replicate it and send only the log that shows the knock event.

Hope that makes sense.

But here is a great article by COBB that you may find informative.

·
Registered
2018 WRX Stage 2+
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh okay, like I said the logs are way to long. And yeah the actual amount of time you are logging is WAY to long. No one wants to read and analyze a log that was done for an hour, or for 20 minutes. Take your logs down to <1 minute. Do your best to replicate the knock event and be logging during that time frame. This may take several tried to actually catch the knock event.

For an example, when I am doing a log for my tuner, I log a 3rd gear pull from 2k rpms to reline. Which is only several seconds. If I am chasing a knock event I will log multiple times trying to replicate it and send only the log that shows the knock event.

Hope that makes sense.

But here is a great article by COBB that you may find informative.

Ahh ok, I gotcha. I guess since it seemed to happen randomly, so I was logging longer times trying to catch it. I'll have to pay extra careful attention then to see roughly when it's happening to log it.

And thanks for the link, I could use all the extra info I can get! :)

·
Æternum
15,538 Posts
It's fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts