Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FIZZ auto. not stepping in to that damned place ever again.

I guess it's partially my fault. This all happened at NY, bayside FIZZ auto. I bought 2 gauges, and one genuine STI fog lamp cover from them. I admit that I did make the mistake of not doing my HW before the purchase. I was quoted 250 for STI cover, and about 200 on 2 gauges. They told me taht wouldn't charge me tax if I pay them in cash. You all know that that's a plus for both of us. After I changed my mind to get Greddy gauge, and replica cover, I decided to return them. From the moment I told them that I wanted to return the products, I saw the darkest side of human beings. Jeeez, talk about attitude! They said they would not give me cash back, and they would guve me their store credit. Having no other choice, I bitterly agreed with them. I really, REALLY didn't want to buy any other product from them, since their price is WAYYYYY, over priced. oh wells, I had to pick something. I bought a front upper strutbar, and some accessories for my car. and guess what........................ They said they would have to charge taxes on those items. They said they gave me a good price for cover and gauge, cause I bought them together. I didn't want to make big scene about the tax, so I just told them that they just lost me, as a future customer, and everyone whom I know of, and walked out.

This is purely my opinion based on my experience. Just wanted to let you guys know.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I do not agree with this review at all, and I've purchased everything that is on my car from Fizz (except the BOV).

Yes, they do have very steep sticker prices for most of the items in the store, especially WRX items, but that's the way NYC is. You have to know what you're looking for, what it should really cost, and how to haggle properly. It comes with the territory. Of course the store is not going to have web site type prices, because they have to pay the rent, but if you tell them what the web is charging, they'll match it. My STi fog light covers were $200 flat. Also, if you decide to return items that are specially ordered from Japan and not in very high demand, you're only causing problems for yourself by being inconsiderate to the store proprieters. I think that the guys at Fizz have a lot of balls to operate the most WRX focused shop anywhere around this area, and to not get sucked in to the Honda Rice Fest like Big Boys Toys. As far as these cars go, you have to do your homework, and they should not take the flack because you didn't do it.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess you had a better experience than I did. About matching the price; they wouldn't do it. I've asked them to match the price for cusco front upper strutbar. No luck for me, I guess.
And I did admit that I haven't done my Hw, but that wasn't my reason of flaming the fizz auto. I'm talking about their attitude towards me, as a customer. I don't know exactly how to explain how they'd treated me, but I'm sure it was unpleasant. Also, about the product taxation. C'mon. You obviously had a great experience from them, but you've gotta admit that they were wrong.
Also, since when did customers start being considerate? As for me, and many other people alsp, when I buy something that costs me couple of hundred bucks, I let myself have zero humane factor during the transaction.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
big boys toys......what a great store that is.

not a single performance item in the entire store.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Many places only give back store credit, it is a way of life. As for how they treated you? What did they do, give you attitude? I hate it when I get attitued for returning something, I mean if the place is going to take the return in the first place then they should not be hostile about it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well, I had great service when I ordered my Tanabe Hyper Medalion from Fizz. They had great customer service on the phone and I got my exhaust quickly. The price I paid for my exhaust was $360 shipped to my door. That's the best price I've seen anywhere.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Im with turbo4life i also have ordered the same tanabe exhaust from fizz the guys were nice to me on the phone and got right down to business and got the exhaust in 2 days i would buy more stuff from them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the kind words of support for those defending us, but let me make it just a bit more clear from my side.

#1) The gauges ordered were special ordered as we DO NOT stock them. If you look on the back of any of our receipts you are supposed to be responsible for a 50% NON-refundable deposit. If I remember correctly this was NOT the case as you did not lose 50%. Also it says that NO cash refunds would be issued on returns.

#2) Store policy is and always will be no cash refunds, if you were me and you are just an employee of a store where the policy is no cash refunds would you give a customer Cash back??

#3) The ONLY time I even hinted at an attituded when I was helping you was when you said "Come on man I got those same Fog Light covers for $80.00" and then I said Are they real and you replied "No but you gotta admit its the same thing" and of course I would take offense to that as would anyone who paid for the genuine part.

Trying going to a fellow owner of a WRX who has genuine STI fog covers and tell him that you have the same ones he has and you only paid $80 for them and they are exactlly the same, see what they say to you.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alright, so you do admit that you gave me an attitude. Alrough you argue that you only gave me bad impression when I blurted out my ignorance, I, as a customer, felt that ever since I told you that I wanted to return the item. Let our your PMS other than your customers for your own business. Yes, it is my fault that I asked you for cash refund. However, you refused it, and we followed the store policy. I'll stop complaining about that.

How come you don't talk about the tax part that I've mentioned?
You taxed me on the items that I bought with the store credit when I payed in full CASH, believing the promise that you won't tax me.

I've heard IRS is cracking down many restaurants where they take only cash. I hope they crack you down your double cheating business.

STOP picking on the points that others already pointed out, TAKE it as a criticism, and START working on your pms on returning item CUSTOMERS.

oh yeah... you were "helping" me? haha.. you sure did with a hell of a guilt trip.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
nyxjf,

No offense, but...

In case you haven't realized this, dealing with stores in NYC is not always easy, especially when you're looking for parts that are not easy to find or in great supply. I suggest that instead of wasting your effort complaining, you learn to be a "smart shopper".

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bask Oner, you're perfectly right. And the title of this thread was my first step as a smart shopper. and I suggest others to do the same.

·
Registered
4 Posts
OK this will be my last post in regards to this thread I hope I make my point.

"How come you don't talk about the tax part that I've mentioned?
You taxed me on the items that I bought with the store credit when I payed in full CASH, believing the promise that you won't tax me. I've heard IRS is cracking down many restaurants where they take only cash. I hope they crack you down your double cheating business. "

Well I didnt think this part needed any disscussion, Because when a customer doesnt get charged taxes doesnt mean that the company doesnt HAVE to pay taxes. Here it is broken down, you buy item A you pay no tax but we do, then you return item A if you use that credit and get Item B and dont pay taxes again who pays the taxes? Thats right we are responsible for all sales taxes and thus if you didnt pay taxes for either item we have to cover you for both items A and B.

"Let our your PMS other than your customers for your own business"

"and START working on your pms on returning item CUSTOMERS."

Now here I am a bit confused but I believe that this is a personal attack against myself that isnt justified. I think in fact that you blew the whole "attituded" thing out of proportion because you were bitter about not receiving a cash refund. I can easily make this into a mud slinging event were I state how you were rude to me but I choose not to make this a personal attack thread but rather I am trying to clarify the situation and not let you drag our shop name through the mud unjustly.

"And the title of this thread was my first step as a smart shopper."

Well I dont know about everyone else but the title I saw was
"FIZZ auto. not stepping in to that damned place ever again."
Had it been anyhting else I probably wouldnt have stumbled on to the post at all. ;)

Well I guess its a lesson learned for me also, MAYBE when that next New customer comes in I should charge Retail price + Tax and if they return the item later I will deduct the 50% non-refundable deposit :eek: and on the credit that is left I will charge the standard 20% restocking fee, and of course charge Tax on what ever they buy with their remaining credit :rolleyes:
/end sarcasm

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
"Well I didnt think this part needed any disscussion, Because when a customer doesnt get charged taxes doesnt mean that the company doesnt HAVE to pay taxes. Here it is broken down, you buy item A you pay no tax but we do, then you return item A if you use that credit and get Item B and dont pay taxes again who pays the taxes? Thats right we are responsible for all sales taxes and thus if you didnt pay taxes for either item we have to cover you for both items A and B. "

sigh.. you're right. I should've gotten it in writing. It's my fault. I thought integrity was still allive in this world. stupid me. :(

"Now here I am a bit confused but I believe that this is a personal attack against myself that isnt justified. I think in fact that you blew the whole "attituded" thing out of proportion because you were bitter about not receiving a cash refund. I can easily make this into a mud slinging event were I state how you were rude to me but I choose not to make this a personal attack thread but rather I am trying to clarify the situation and not let you drag our shop name through the mud unjustly."

nope. it's not a personal attack to you. It's an ciritcism towards your shop. I'm not embittered with the cash refund issue. I was embitted with your attitude, which don't think I've blown into out of portion, and the tax issue. Again, it's my fault that I haven't gotten it in writing, and didn't video tape the scene as for the prove of your attitude.

""And the title of this thread was my first step as a smart shopper."

As the moderator suggested, I'll be a smart shopper and never step into your store again.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I purchased an HKS downpipe ($170) Tanabe catback ($450) and an Injen CAI ($220) from this shop last month. I paid cash and was spared the tax. I wanted to return the CAI after reading numerous posts about there being no increase in performance with using one. When I looked at my receipt, I saw the no refund policy (which I was OK with) but then I saw the 50% restocking fee,etc. Needless to say, I didn't bother trying to return it. I'll install the CAI and count my losses. Also, there's no way to know what there return policy is unless you purchase an item and get a receipt, or ask first. Lesson learned: ask first!

BTW, I bought the CAI after asking Robert what other bolt on items should I buy in order to acheive some extra horsepower. He said that I can expect 15 extra horses from the CAI. He even went on to tell me that the yellow WRX parked in front of the store was dynoed to prove this. This is the real reason I made that purchase. That's the only gripe I have with them. Other than that, Robert and Brian were very helpful when I visited them. I dare say that I'll even return to them for future purchases.

Thanks,
Joe

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey joeyvaz

About the Intake If you havent installed the CAI yet bring it back no prob :p You didnt even call us to ask hehehe but either way the 50% fee is for special order items and Normally its 20% for other returns but for stuff like that, that we stock heavy we have no problem giving you the full store credit ;) especially with our WRX guys we really will try to work with you as long as you work with us :D Give us a call and we can work it out.

~B

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well in my opinion, since i've just visited the store once, Fizz is a bit pricey but they are the only store I know in N.Y. that sells high quality JDM parts, specialy STI WRX parts.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts