ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my Morettes the other day, and was disappointed by the resulting gaps along the sides and bottom of the lights. It varied from 1/8" to over a 1/4" along the whole side and bottom section. The top fit snugly against the hood, however and looked good. Based on what other people who have them also, it seems that the gaps are typically "the way it is" with these lights. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I just got done putting some 5/16" thick weatherstripping (EPDM sponge rubber, from Autozone) along the outside edge of the body panels surrounding the sides and bottoms of the light. It required about 2 feet for each light, and I had to trim down the width to about 1/4" for the length of each strip. I took the lights out to put the weather stripping on the body panels. It fills in the gaps very nicely, matches the matte black of the lights, and hopefully lasts for awhile. $4.00 at the parts store, about an hour time investment, and totally worth it to improve the fit and finish of the Morettes. :) Sorry, no pics, so you'll have to take my word for it. :p

·
Banned
12,156 Posts
get us some pics!

thanks, the morrettes are on my list, just further down after the "birthday mods". :D :D

i like how the site says happy birthday to me. very personal in a scary "Hal" sort of way.

"time to die michael...."

dR

1 - 3 of 3 Posts