Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed some chips on my wheels and scratched lug nut (probably from tire rotation at the dealer) after wiping them down with a damp cloth the other day. I had only 1250 miles on the car at the time of service. The dealer doesn't think it happened during service and said that they may just have missed these defects during PDI.

These nicks are small (size of small grains), but should be I worried that the wheel may rust or paint peeling off over time?

The dealer offered to find a wheel guy to repair them but ideally a replacement would be best to avoid any potential future headaches. Can I expect repairs match the OEM paint seamlessly and hold up just as well as new factory painted wheels would?

I'm open to any advice. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
10,883 Posts
I wouldn't even be worried about it. Even if you repair it rocks and road debris, errant impact tools and breaker bars are gonna hit them again.

I would investigate a touch up paint, and just touch it up and keep the wheels clean.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
yeah, if you're still concerned about cosmetic damage in spite of that, just get it touched up once a year or something. it's really nothing to have a headache over

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You guys are right.

Well, I ended up taking a chance at the dealer offer to fix those scratches. The repairs looked good but I came back with new longer scratch on one wheel and a scuffed rocker panel. In hindsight, I should have just found the correct touch up paint and avoided additional cosmetic damage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts