ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, ive always wanted a Wrx, but im a volvo guy so dont know a whole lot about them. Ive found a 02 wrx with 43k im intrested in. Its pretty beat up, but everything has its price. The paint on the front and rear bumper is cracked up, along with dents all over it. Something on the car whines on the car like a supercharger above 20mph. Also sounds like the rear diff. is whinning a bit. How much does this stuff cost to fix? Also the front tires are shot on it. Stock apart from a bov/turbo timer. The owner said 'it needs a tune up, bov is letting air out early, it needs to be ajusted.' He also said 'its needs a new o2 sensor thats why the check engine is on.' How much is the 'supercharged noise' and the possible 'grinding diff'' going to cost to be taken care of? Also it has clutch jitter, is that a call back on the car? finally, what is something like this worth!? It has a flip up screen and some 400 ebay wheels on it also. Thanks in Advance!

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Ok, just run from that. I am not sure why anyone would want to buy a car in that condition, keep looking for something STOCK and CLEAN. The 02-03 have the weakest of trannys so if he is having problems I would for sure leave it alone.

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
jeffmm06 said:
Ok, just run from that. I am not sure why anyone would want to buy a car in that condition, keep looking for something STOCK and CLEAN.
+1

If you know the car has problems, unless you want to spend a lot of time/$$ in the shop or fixing it yourself, don't buy it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts